Thread: Flash when looking side to side in bright room

Flash when looking side to side in bright room

When I look at a light/white or blank wall, and I shake my head (like to indicate no) or move my eyes quickly, I get a visual disturbance... its like a bright flash in my side vision. Kinda light but perhaps shadowy as well. Kinda like a circle, medium size and I cant explain if its totally flash or if I can see though it. It lasts such a little amount of time, but I can definitely recreate it by shaking my head. Seems to be more in my left eye but I can make it happen in both. I have heard other people say they have had this in a dim room but what about against a white wall, light background?
    I have yearly eye exams and my last one was in November so I am not due.
    Eyes are a source of anxiety. I want to be certain this is not a brain issue, very scared.

Re: Flash when looking side to side in bright room

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLabVA View Post
    When I look at a light/white or blank wall, and I shake my head (like to indicate no) or move my eyes quickly, I get a visual disturbance...
    Who does this under normal circumstances and why?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I was speaking with a colleague and I shook my head “no” and got a glimpse of it. I retried it and it occurred everytime. Just trying to figure out if this is a normal phenomenon or if I should give into the panic that ensures after I realized this was happening. Thanks- Erin

Sorry LilyLab.... this is a total non-issue. A normal visual anomaly that no one except a hyper-vigilant HA sufferer would even notice... not to mention the absurd self testing behavior

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information