Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really need some reassurance

Really need some reassurance

I’m trying not to over think or panic or worry. I have had a headache since last Wednesday the first day and Friday I went to bed with it and put it down to over tiredness or a migraine though it didn’t quite get to the peak my normal migraines do or fully subside like my migraines do.
    This has continued and today it started about 1pm and has been there ever since.
    My silly worrying is questioning have I been so stressed recently it could be my blood pressure or stress headaches. Then my next questions are is it normal to have persistent headaches for this long? Then my next concern is, is it a virus as I thought I was a bit run down and wondered if it was my sinuses but I don’t have a streaming or blocked nose. Then could it be hay fever? It’s not dehydration or my diet unless I’ve become intolerant to all the foods I’m not intolerant to. I even tried to relax and stretch my neck muscles in case it’s my posture? I’m a little scared and luckily have a doctors appointment tomorrow I’m just concerned and really pissed off now because I can’t carry on my normal day to day now it’s getting that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Really need some reassurance

If you're stressed you can have a permanent headache.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    If you're stressed you can have a permanent headache.
    Stress is a good clue and perhaps it’s smaller more frequent migraines linked to hormones as my hormones are all off whack atm and I’m on HRT

So what is it specifically you're seeking reassurance for? Normal life stress? Would it really help you telling you its normal?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Did it feel like a normal migraine?

I get migraines, but I also get tension headaches - the migraines are worse but the tension headaches stick around for days on end.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Did it feel like a normal migraine?

I get migraines, but I also get tension headaches - the migraines are worse but the tension headaches stick around for days on end.
    Heya! No it didn’t feel like a normal migraine like 50% of migraine pain and also on both sides on my head paracetamol relievers the right sided pain a bit but the left prevailed and pain across my for head and bridge of nose.
    My migraines stay on the right side normally and make me light and sound sensitive and leave me vomiting.

I’ve just woken up and i got pain above my right eye brow....

Yep, if I was experiencing what you are right now, I'd assume I had a tension headache with a migraine on the way.

Yep, if I was experiencing what you are right now, I'd assume I had a tension headache with a migraine on the way.
    Thanks blue.... what relieves them? A week of them are driving me insane

Time, mostly, although lavender oil on my temples can help ease them. Co-codamol can also be helpful, but you need to save it for when they're being really annoying because overuse can cause all manner of problems including more headaches.

Time, mostly, although lavender oil on my temples can help ease them. Co-codamol can also be helpful, but you need to save it for when they're being really annoying because overuse can cause all manner of problems including more headaches.
    That’s a shame I can only take paracetamol as opiates drop my blood pressure so none of the -eines are an option for me nor is Ibuprofen due to asthma

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information