Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 - is this normal?

Re: Day 2 - is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Sigh!! There is a reason they make fluoxetine in 10mg pills. It took years of campaigning to get Eli Lilly to make it in that dose for those with anxiety disorders. Your GP deserves a swift kick in the posterior, imunho!
    Oh!! What’s that all about? Was 20mg starting doses causing issues for people?

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    Oh!! What’s that all about? Was 20mg starting doses causing issues for people?
    Yes! Prozac is one of the more stimulating drugs and it can initially increase anxiety as it starts to work its way through your system. This is why there was a big push for 10mg pills so that those of who suffer from anxiety can get through the initial adjustment period. As a lifelong anxiety sufferer, I am having issues with increased anxiety/insomnia and other side effects even on 10mg but I must say that I am starting to settle down a bit more. It’s a bumpy ride but my psych does not want to make any dose adjustments right now. If you can go back to your GP try to ask for 10mg pills or see if you can take 20mg every other day.

Oh yikes! I’d feel bad to question her judgement though...especially after refusing her advice for 6 weeks to try Venlafaxine!
    I can’t get another appointment with her for 4 weeks anyway! Oh dear, I’m not sure what I should do about this now!!! I’m reeeeally struggling to cope with this level of heightened anxiety and it’s only day 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    Oh yikes! I’d feel bad to question her judgement though...especially after refusing her advice for 6 weeks to try Venlafaxine!
    Well, it deserves to be questioned, imho. I wouldn't worry about any hurt feelings. Doctors are only the hired help, someone you pay via your taxes for their expertise, not tin gods to be put on pedestals. And I think you were right about not taking venlafaxine.

I can’t get another appointment with her for 4 weeks anyway! Oh dear, I’m not sure what I should do about this now!!! I’m reeeeally struggling to cope with this level of heightened anxiety and it’s only day 3!
    Before 10mg capsules became available Elli Lilly recommended dissolving the contents of their 20mg capsules in a measured amount of fruit juice (but not grapefruit juice), stirring vigorously and then drinking half-the mixture one day and the other half the next. The mixture can be stored in the fridge for up to a week without degrading the drug. However, you really should okay this with your GP first. Can you phone, or email her?

Pdu. Why do you think it was right to not take the venlafaxine? Just curious because that’s what i take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roseanxiety View Post
    Pdu. Why do you think it was right to not take the venlafaxine? Just curious because that’s what i take.
    Because despite what it says on the box it is really only a SSRI with no advantage over the others and, with the exception of paroxetine (Paxil), they are usually easier to discontinue. If a dual action, serotonin+noradrenaline (aka norepinephrine) reuptake inhibitor is preferred the older TCAs are better bets than the SNRIs.

That said, if venlafaxine is working well for you then stick with it. All ADs have issues.

Hi everyone. My doctor upped my dose to 20mg today. Feeling pretty anxious right now. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by sab5330 View Post
    Hi everyone. My doctor upped my dose to 20mg today. Feeling pretty anxious right now. Ugh!
    Hi Sab. Hang on in there!
    Im on 20mg too, and I take my tablet in the morning, and find I’m still really anxious all day til mid afternoon, but I’m noticing a pattern of then seeming to calm in the later part of the day.
    The increased anxiety is crippling though! I’m on day 4, and I’ve literally found a different “cancer symptom” on each of those 4 days.
    I dread what tomorrow will bring!

Although today, I noticed those first little pangs of common sense trying to fight through the anxiety. I’ve tried to distract myself with food shopping, housework, singing along to power ballads at the top of my lungs and reading about Anne Frank (educating the anxious brain!) So today has been a little better than the past 3 days! But still very anxious!!! And still finding symptoms! 🙄
    How are you doing so far with the increase? Have you started the 20mg dose yet?
    Last edited by Limeslime; 05-03-20 at 22:16.

Ha! Story of my life. As a health anxiety sufferer, this is torturous. I am trying my best to distract myself as much as I can but I still feel super anxious even more so after taking the 20mg. It’s as if I consumed thirty cups of coffee without any sleep. Blah. Stomach feels off too plus it’s the first day of menstrual cycle. Sigh. Just trying to hang on. Day by day...

Yeah, I feel the same! Last night I woke at 1:30am and lay awake for 2 hours thinking scary thoughts. I normally sleep like a log! I hope this isn’t the start of the insomnia that some people get with this drug!
    It’s annoying too, cos I feel ok-ish this morning, but I know as soon as I take that pill, the massive anxiety wave will come. It’s getting harder and harder to force myself to take it!!

Also...I’m feeling cold a lot, and forgetting words! It took me 2 hours yesterday to remember the word “squatter”.
    Last edited by Limeslime; 06-03-20 at 10:40.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information