Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 - is this normal?

Re: Day 2 - is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    I know as soon as I take that pill, the massive anxiety wave will come. It’s getting harder and harder to force myself to take it!!
    Absorption of fluoxetine is usually slower than with other SSRIs typically taking around an hour to begin hitting the bloodstream with plasma levels peaking at around 6-8 hours so if the anxiety wave hits soon after you take it then it is probably mostly your mind, not the med.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Absorption of fluoxetine is usually slower than with other SSRIs typically taking around an hour to begin hitting the bloodstream with plasma levels peaking at around 6-8 hours so if the anxiety wave hits soon after you take it then it is probably mostly your mind, not the med.
    That’s really interesting! Cos, as I mentioned earlier, I take the tablet at 7am and start to feel calmer at about 4pm which kinda ties in with the time frame you’ve stated. However, there is no doubt that my anxiety is definitely worse than pre-Prozac at the minute!!

That’s really interesting! Cos, as I mentioned earlier, I take the tablet at 7am and start to feel calmer at about 4pm which kinda ties in with the time frame you’ve stated. However, there is no doubt that my anxiety is definitely worse than pre-Prozac at the minute!!
    It’s really hard to tell what is psychosomatic and what is actually being caused by the medicine. I definitely feel a lot more anxious too than before although my anxiety does wax and wane. Who knows? Maybe I am reading too much into it as well but all of our collective experiences point towards heightened anxiety during the adjustment period.

I’m so far feeling like every day is hell....but a little less hell-ish than the day before!
    But I’m fully aware that week 2 will probably kick my ass (based on what I’ve read on other threads)

But on a positive note, today I cleaned my teenage daughters bedroom and the bathroom! I basically spent three hours cleaning! I cannot remember the last time I had the energy or motivation to get up off the sofa for more than 20 mins at a time,so I’m seeing this as a good thing!!

I’m so far feeling like every day is hell....but a little less hell-ish than the day before!
    But I’m fully aware that week 2 will probably kick my ass (based on what I’ve read on other threads)

But on a positive note, today I cleaned my teenage daughters bedroom and the bathroom! I basically spent three hours cleaning! I cannot remember the last time I had the energy or motivation to get up off the sofa for more than 20 mins at a time,so I’m seeing this as a good thing!!
    For me, week 3 was the worst so far. Week 2 was actually the best. It’s so unpredictable and varies according to the individual. I hope you feel better soon! Good to hear you had the energy to clean for that long. I also get those bursts of energy here and there.

I take the tablet at 7am and start to feel calmer at about 4pm which kinda ties in with the time frame you’ve stated.
    No, because ADs have no direct affect on anxiety (or depression) in the way, say, aspirin does on headaches with relief beginning as soon as the med hits the bloodstream. They work by stimulating the growth of new brain cells (neurogenesis) to replace cells killed, or prevented from growing by high brain stress hormone levels. The therapeutic response is produced by these new cells and the stronger interconnections they forge, not the meds directly, and they take time to bud, grow and mature. For a more detailed explanations see: Depression and the Birth and Death of Brain Cells (PDF) and How antidepressant drugs act.

Anxiety isn't usually a constant throughout the day. Some find mornings easier, others afternoons, or evenings, and I suspect this has more to do with what you're experiencing. Peak plasma levels are more likely to produce a peak in anxiety/depression.

However, there is no doubt that my anxiety is definitely worse than pre-Prozac at the minute!!
    Unfortunately, ADs often makes anxiety (also depression) worse at the beginning. Talk to your GP about this as there are ways of minimising the anxiety/depression spike.

Hi everyone. Surprisingly my anxiety is a lot more manageable on 20mg but I have only been on it for three days. Today marks a month since being on prozac. I realize this still could be a rollercoaster so I am just trying to enjoy each moment of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by sab5330 View Post
    Hi everyone. Surprisingly my anxiety is a lot more manageable on 20mg but I have only been on it for three days. Today marks a month since being on prozac. I realize this still could be a rollercoaster so I am just trying to enjoy each moment of relief.
    Oh Sab, that’s great news! I’m so glad for you!
    I’m currently riding this extreme rollercoaster too. Yesterday was SO good! I taught my little boy to ride his bike with no stabilisers...we were out in the countryside for hours, laughing and cheering! Came home and watched a movie. Still symptom spotting, but not panicking. I felt good...and hopefully a sign of things to come.

But today, awful!!! Symptom spotting, freaking out, over-eating, sitting around, messy house, no motivation....

Urgh.

Oh Sab, that’s great news! I’m so glad for you!
    I’m currently riding this extreme rollercoaster too. Yesterday was SO good! I taught my little boy to ride his bike with no stabilisers...we were out in the countryside for hours, laughing and cheering! Came home and watched a movie. Still symptom spotting, but not panicking. I felt good...and hopefully a sign of things to come.

But today, awful!!! Symptom spotting, freaking out, over-eating, sitting around, messy house, no motivation....

Urgh.
    Sorry to hear!! Hang in there. I had a lot of those extreme ups and downs in the beginning.

I’m having a somewhat of a bad day today as well. Woke up feeling as if I was coming down with something. My daughter has a cold so I am assuming I caught something from her ugh. I am definitely experiencing less anxiety since increasing my dosage but now I find myself feeling a lot more drowsy, sleepy, and tired despite sleeping better. And of course, I am trying not to symptom spot but my health has been so erratic.

This truly is a rollercoaster but I am hoping for the best.

So, I’m on day 11 now, and feeling ok. BUT I just got my period 8 days early!!!!!! (Cycle day 17)
    Could this be because of the medication?!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information