Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I be worried about 5 year old’s fevers?

Re: Should I be worried about 5 year old’s fevers?

That’s good, I’m sure he’ll be ok soon

Thank you Scass.

I feel incredibly anxious now. The doc said if he loses weight, looks pale or keeps getting a fever then she needs to see him and have his bloodwork done. I am sooooo jittery that I keep checking his temps and I keep wondering if he looks pale and because he’s not a good eater he is not at a good weight. I am a complete mess!!!! I need to calm down I know.

Make sure he's getting something like Pedialyte to help boost his caloric intake and make sure he gets all his vitamins.

I think the more we look at them sometimes, the paper they look!
    Judge him by his behaviour as well. Put down the thermometer for a while too x

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I think the more we look at them sometimes, the paper they look!
    Judge him by his behaviour as well. Put down the thermometer for a while too x
    True statement and good advice. The anxious mind can certainly influence what you perceive and make you doubt indisputable physical evidence. I remember seeing a video from a woman that claimed her hands were atrophied from ALS (and it turned out to be an ex member).It was as obvious as the sun in the sky they weren't but she still doubted despite clean medical reports, tests and exams. We still see that here often. 'Look at this rash, bump, toenail, poo' ... Yes poo! And various body parts that would be much better left covered

He's doing better so just carry on as normal. That's good for you and good for him. I know you're being hyper vigilant but it'll be pretty obvious if something's up.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yesterday night I had a complete meltdown. I thought my son had a fever again. His arms and hands were warm but his face and mouth was cool. I checked his temp three times with a thermometer but my paranoia was getting the best of me. I knew at the time that I should not have done that in front of him because he will pick up on my anxiety. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten this before because my physical symptoms were awful and so real. My heart was racing, I felt cold and clammy and I literally thought that oh goodness he has a fever again and we haven’t gone out in forever (so he couldn’t have picked up a big). I thought that this was the sign of leukaemia as over the weeks I have been very diligent about his meals, food and vitamins. I spent the whooooole night in fear and checked on him 7 times before I could go to bed. My husband was concerned about my behaviour as he has never seen me like this. Maybe it’s the social isolation and the huge change in our daily life that caused this reaction. But now I’m beyond paranoid of him getting a fever. Are warm hands and arms normal? He was burning up from the hands and arms but no fever. I’m afraid it might be a sign that he will get a fever soon :(

I thought a fever was cold hands & feet. Nothing wrong with warm arms x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information