Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing my nose

Seeing my nose

I’ve had anxiety for going on 5 years now, all towards health. I caught a sinus cold on Sunday. When I was coming home from work Monday I realized I could all of sudden see my nose in the corner of my vision. I can not stop seeing it even when I’m not thinking about it. I always see the shadow of it. I went to the the eye doctor yesterday and he said I have extremely healthy eyes minus my prescription. I’m worried this could be a brain tumour. My best Friday was just diagnosed with 2 weeks ago and I started to research all about them. I am a 25 year old male who’s very active. If anyone has some advice or has heard about this before please let me know. I can not find anything online.

Re: Seeing my nose

Bottom line is you're either consciously or unconsciously hyper focusing and diverting your attention to it as under normal circumstances this doesn't happen. Nothing more.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Should I see a neurologist about this?, or is this definitely linked to my anxiety. I thing that concerns me is even when my attention isn’t drawn to it , i still see it.

Isn't the power of suggestion amazing? Now I can see mine.

Know what? Everyone can see their nose, that's normal.

You are indeed hyperfocusing.

On another note, I have known several people who have had brain tumors, seeing their nose was NOT a symptom, that's actually insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Isn't the power of suggestion amazing? Now I can see mine.

Know what? Everyone can see their nose, that's normal.

You are indeed hyperfocusing.

On another note, I have known several people who have had brain tumors, seeing their nose was NOT a symptom, that's actually insulting.
    I can see mine and it's an average size!

I constantly see my nose in my field of vision. It never goes away and I’ve never had this before until Monday night. Since there from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed I see it.

That doesn't mean it's a big deal, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauch22 View Post
    I constantly see my nose in my field of vision. It never goes away and I’ve never had this before until Monday night. Since there from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed I see it.
    Technically you’ve always been seeing it, only normally the brain filters it out when we are focusing elsewhere because it’s not important!

I see mine too all the time, mainly because I do a lot of up close work and it’s right there after all. I’d be more concerned if you couldn’t see it (you’d have to be like Voldemort!) it’s nothing to be concerned about! You’re just noticing it, it’s like if I say focus on your breathing... now you’re breathing manually and seeing your nose! Just like me!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I understand that, but my question is why has my brain chosen to not filter it out. Could I be having nerve damage, I’m just freaking out because I’ve had floaters also probably 10 of them in each eye for 6 years now which came on suddenly also. I’m wondering if that’s all linked together. If I’m having and underlying brain issue. My eye doctor has cleared my eyes and also said he can see the floaters but made no other comment about those. I’m seeing my nose even when I’m distracted ( for example) playing ice hockey I see it the whole time even when my focus isn’t on it.

I think floaters come from age, if your eye doctor isn’t worried then you shouldn’t be.

You can probably see your nose because you are focusing on it. Honestly, I never expected to reply to a thread from someone asking why they can see their nose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information