Thread: Anoro

Anoro

Hi I've now been on ANORO for 6 weeks for c.o.p.d. the side effect seems to be constipation.Is there anyone else out there with this condition,although I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Re: Anoro

Quote Originally Posted by prue1956 View Post
    Hi I've now been on ANORO for 6 weeks for c.o.p.d. the side effect seems to be constipation.
    One of the active ingredients is umeclidinium which is an anticholinergic, i.e. it blocks acetylcholine receptors, which produces side-effects such as constipation and dry-mouth. Many ADs are also mild to strong anticholinergic agents so if you're taking one you might be getting a double whammy.

A high fibre diet may help, as may sprinkling a teaspoon of crushed flax seed/linseed on your corn flakes (the seeds need to be crushed (a coffee grinder, not mill works well), because the red skin protects the seeds from stomach acids, alternatively many health food shops sell it without the skins, but they can then go rancid within a few weeks, or months depending on temperature so only buy it in small quantities and store it in the fridge, or the seeds can be soaked in water overnight, however, this will produce a glutinous mass which can be hard to take first thing in the morning). Also keep up your fluid levels.

Is there anyone else out there with this condition,although I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
    Not yet, but I'm on the path to it. My main issue is fluid build up in my remaining lung which I'm self treating with N-Acetyl-Cysteine supplements. NAC is more effective than the Spiriva inhaled powder I was once prescribed.

Hi many thanks for your reply I will certainly give anything a try,since writing the doctor has given me Laxido but I don't want to rely on it.
    I also want to wish the very best to you and taking time out for me.😊

Quote Originally Posted by prue1956 View Post
    the doctor has given me Laxido but I don't want to rely on it.
    I don't know about this, but the data suggests it is a potent laxative which might be overkill, however, worth a try. I forgot to mention that magnesium supplements may help, both for constipation and also anxiety (and depression).

Thread Information