Thread: Anxiety / depression from medication?

Anxiety / depression from medication?

Has anyone ever had increased anxiety and / or depression when taking omezaprole?

I started taking it just over a week ago, and the past week I’ve felt very depressed and more anxious on and off. I have just thought about the fact I’ve been taking them and wondered if there could be a connection?

I’m supposed to take them for another week.

Re: Anxiety / depression from medication?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have taken them many times without issue and never heard of anyone feeling depressed. Could be a complete coincidence.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by cry View Post
    Has anyone ever had increased anxiety and / or depression when taking omezaprole?

I started taking it just over a week ago, and the past week I’ve felt very depressed and more anxious on and off. I have just thought about the fact I’ve been taking them and wondered if there could be a connection?

I’m supposed to take them for another week.
    Mood changes, malaise and depression are listed as a rare side-effect so it is possible omeprazole is triggering an anxiety/depression spike, but it is also possible this is being driven more by an anxious mind reacting to taking the med, especially if you have health anxiety.

Thread Information