Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swallowed sharp potato chip

Re: Swallowed sharp potato chip

So a sharp chip would not cause a cut deep in my esophagus that would cause bleeding

We keep saying no

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It's a piece of potato, not a razor blade.

Really, you're being very silly.

Your oesophagus is incredibly strong, you swallow hard and rough things down it the whole time. It is a sturdy muscular tube, with a mucous skin lining, and maybe you've scratched the skin but you can not cut through it with food, you can't. Its not some floppy jelly-like structure that anything slightly sharp would penetrate - we'd have evolved pretty badly if that was the case and people would be dropping dead from eating anything other than mashed potato. It could make an area a bit sore and painful and as if something is stuck in your throat, leaving a type of internal 'weald' and scratch, but thats all you've done. This is proved by the fact that you are alive and well right now :0)

Throat phlegm stuck

I know you guys probably have seen my last thread pertaining to this but if you didn’t last week a sharp piece of a chip scraped my throat really hard it got better but now it feels bad.
    I feel phlegm in the right side of my throat never on left , it is mainly came from post nasal drip and now I can not even take a full breath without feeling the right side of my throat being cut off of air which scares me as I feel like I’m choking for a second. I can not cough out the phlegm no matter how much I try I’m starting to think this is catarrh or something
    I am still able to eat only if the food is cut into tiny pieces and can drink fine most of the time so I don’t know what to do I have a checkup tomorrow so I feel fine about the situation but this feeling is horrible
    I already had a neck x ray so I know it’s not that bad but I feel that the doctors won’t really help

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Kmois, you need to talk to your doctor about your anxiety, as this is the real problem here.

I really don’t think it’s the anxiety this time the phlegm/post nasal won’t come out and when I try a deep breath I get choking/short breathing

Probably the more coughing you are doing the more you are hurting it. So stop trying to force it. Drink warm soothing drinks - preferably something with honey if you have it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information