Hi all,

I have been on citalopram since late 2016 for anxiety, and it's been very helpful. A while ago, I learned that my QTc is relatively long - still normal range but on the high end - so I decided to either switch to a different SSRI or go lower or off the citalopram. I'm also in a better place than a few years ago mentally, so I'd prefer no SSRI, but we'll see.

I've been tapering since November last year, went from 20 mg to 15 to 10 and now 7.5 mg on average (I'm alternating 10 mg and 5). For most of the time, I had no issues at all, but for the last two weeks or so, I've been experiencing spells of dizziness. Typically, I'm in front of the computer and experience a sudden moment of sinking or whatever. Then I feel a bit woozy for a little while up to a few hours. Taking a nap or just ignoring it helps. The dizziness itself is fairly subtle - no vertigo, no real physical imbalance, just a bit uncomfortable.

I should say that I had episodes of a similar dizziness back in more anxious days, which felt similar but didn't usually have such clear onsets and didn't go away quickly. Those must have been related to anxiety because I didn't have any episodes at all while on 20 mg of citalopram.

Does this sound like a discontinuation symptom to you guys? I know dizziness is frequently mentioned in context of SSRI "withdrawal." If so and if you experienced similar symptoms, how long did they take to resolve? I guess it's possible that I'm just relapsing into old patterns, especially since some say anything under 20 mg isn't even an effective therapeutic dose. But like I said, I feel like I'm in a pretty good place anxiety-wise.

Any input or experiences you have to share would be greatly appreciated!