Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here’s what you should be REALLY worried about

Here’s what you should be REALLY worried about

Anyone who’s been on here long enough knows that around 10-15 years ago I was seriously crippled with health anxiety. To the point where I was poking through my own stools with a cocktail stick thinking that undigested kidney beans were patches of blood from stomach cancer...

I’m now completely free of it. Have been for years. Look at my post history if you don’t believe me.

Forget coronavirus, heart palpitations, cancer, als, ms etc. Because here’s what you need to REALLY worry about:

Picture yourself right now on your deathbed, with mere hours to live.

You’re about to enter oblivion. Everything you could have done with your life, you can’t do. You can’t repeat your journey - it’s done. That’s it. The end. Your life is over, forever.

Did you spend that precious life having as much fun as was physically possible? Or did you spend most of it crying on the couch because you were so convinced that the doctor missed your brain tumour that was causing all of your migraines?

I utterly WASTED most of my 20s worrying about my health. I will never get that time back, and I will never forgive myself for that.

What a complete waste of some of the best years of my life.

Do not repeat my mistakes. Do not waste your precious life worrying about your health, just enjoy whatever time you have.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Re: Here’s what you should be REALLY worried about

I feel this should be mandatory reading for anybody with HA who signs up to this forum. Bless you.

Im going through bad HA at the moment with my stomach and bowels. I just want to be free of it :(

Quote Originally Posted by skippy66 View Post
    Anyone who’s been on here long enough knows that around 10-15 years ago I was seriously crippled with health anxiety. To the point where I was poking through my own stools with a cocktail stick thinking that undigested kidney beans were patches of blood from stomach cancer...

I’m now completely free of it. Have been for years. Look at my post history if you don’t believe me.

Forget coronavirus, heart palpitations, cancer, als, ms etc. Because here’s what you need to REALLY worry about:

Picture yourself right now on your deathbed, with mere hours to live.

You’re about to enter oblivion. Everything you could have done with your life, you can’t do. You can’t repeat your journey - it’s done. That’s it. The end. Your life is over, forever.

Did you spend that precious life having as much fun as was physically possible? Or did you spend most of it crying on the couch because you were so convinced that the doctor missed your brain tumour that was causing all of your migraines?

I utterly WASTED most of my 20s worrying about my health. I will never get that time back, and I will never forgive myself for that.

What a complete waste of some of the best years of my life.

Do not repeat my mistakes. Do not waste your precious life worrying about your health, just enjoy whatever time you have.
    I’m tempted to print this out and put it on my bedroom wall thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Absolutely!

Reminds me of those lamenting the death of someone they knew who was "wonderful, great, good, full of life" etc, yet rarely spent time with them or gave them any importance when they were ALIVE.

Life is short, and frequently cruel, so show your love for those you really do appreciate and don't waste time consumed by your own fear of illness and mortality, because life is so much more than just YOU.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Well said. I hope everyone on the boards reads your post.

But do forgive yourself for your 20s. It sounds like you've learned powerful lessons and your life is better off for them moving forward.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Well said. I hope everyone on the boards reads your post.

But do forgive yourself for your 20s. It sounds like you've learned powerful lessons and your life is better off for them moving forward.
    Thank you. I will always have a twinge of regret about the sheer amount of time I wasted, but yes I'm a stronger person for having gone through that.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Brilliant post skippy and very considerate of you to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Brilliant post skippy and very considerate of you to share.
    You're very kind thank you.

Good post. I had a similar experience in my 20s.

To be honest, maybe there's something about our 20s that cause health anxiety. Its a major time in everyone's life with things like college, jobs, girlfriends, etc.

Never beat yourself up over it though. There is something to be learned from every life experience, good or bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information