Thread: Considering citalopram any advice ?

Considering citalopram any advice ?

Hey everyone ,

After a long and tiring worry of MND for 15 months now i have made an appointment to see my GP tomorrow . I really am keen to start some medication as I cannot see any way out of this hell .

I am going a bit trip to In the summer and I just want to enjoy my holiday without having an anxiety attack or negative thoughts.

Would 3 months give me enough time to help me ?

And does anyone have any positive stories ? I’n particular to citalopram helping their health anxiety ?

Re: Considering citalopram any advice ?

Oh, heavens, yes! Citalopram was a game changer for me. I suffered from crippling health anxiety and it's helped not only with that, but my social anxiety. Don't get me wrong, even with the meds I have to work hard not to backslide, but it's a complete joy to have reclaimed all the hours I used to spend worrying.

Hi Blue Iris! Thank you so much for replying I’m so please it’s worked for you !! And that’s made me feel so much better! Got my prescription today and for once in my life I’m feeling positive . I really really hope it works for me as I am so down and miserable living with this fear . I forget what it’s like to feel normal . I miss the most random feelings , I can’t remember the last time I slept soundly or just watched a movie without constantly feeling dread . I would love to be carefree and move on from this fear . Of all my fears this has been the worst one ever .

Really hoping it goes well for you, and that you can get this monkey off your back. I've been there, and I know how the fear can sit with you and inform your every decision.

I hope this is the beginning of something great for you, like it has been for me.

Thread Information