Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Observations I have made over the past few months on the forum.

Re: Awful observations I have made over the past few months on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    Was i one of the ones "picking on Cass"? i didnt intend anything of mine to come across as attacking or defending anyone?

idk
    Whisper, you are the kindest soul and I don’t think you were picking on anyone x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    And well done for that Elise.
    It takes courage to express an opinion and you did that with thought and compassion. x
    Thanks Carn you're lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Well said Carnation. We now have people arguing and behaving defensively.

Which posts do you all wish me to delete or posters to ban.

I know that we all have our own issues but yet again it is up to us to walk away when things get too stressful.

The way I see it there are valid points on both sides but at the end of the day I doubt that you will all ever agree.

Go try being an Admin and work out which posts should be deleted, should the replies also be deleted, as otherwise the thread does not make sense?

How many people are going to send you a PM thinking that they have been picked upon?
    Delete them all and then reply to all of the pms with an out of office.

Okay, I admit it, I've been lurking.

Elen, I'm so sorry if I've put you in an awkward position here; that really wasn't my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Okay, I admit it, I've been lurking.

Elen, I'm so sorry if I've put you in an awkward position here; that really wasn't my intention.
    No need to apologise, I am simply trying to show how hard it can be to decide what the correct action is.

I am all for healthy debate, but I do not like to see things getting personal, I hasten to add that this comment is not aimed at anyone in particular.

Hi all

I have just had this whole mammoth thread to read.

I have not been hiding. I was at Papworth hospital yesterday having an angiogram. I spent 9 hours there but came home with good news that no further stents were needed. This has been a very stressful time leading up to this as I have had many CT scans, xrays, MIBI scans, echo tests, blood tests etc etc and they have found damage to my heart but we didn't know how bad it was.

Anyway I don't post about my personal problems on here much nowadays but I didn't want you all to think I was hiding away.

I have to take things easy for 48 hours following the angiogram so have only really just popped on for a catchup.

We take on board all comments made but that does not mean there is an instant one-thing-fixes-all answer to the issues raised.

We do discuss all reported posts and decide on the appropriate action to take on each one and yes sometimes we may make the wrong call but we are only human too and try our best.

The coronavirus thread will remain open - if we close it then we will just get more and more posts about it so it is in one thread now that you can choose to read or ignore.

I am not going to comment on all the other replies on here as I think Elen replied to those aimed at admins so thanks Elen.

Just remember that we are all accountable for our own words and actions and yes I too can be a bit hot-headed and frustrated at times but there is no malice in my replies - maybe just great frustration at some members.

Just be kind to each other and hope that we can all be anxiety free one day and can then come back on NMP to help others recover in the same way.

Thanks everyone.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi all

I have just had this whole mammoth thread to read.

I have not been hiding. I was at Papworth hospital yesterday having an angiogram. I spent 9 hours there but came home with good news that no further stents were needed. This has been a very stressful time leading up to this as I have had many CT scans, xrays, MIBI scans, echo tests, blood tests etc etc and they have found damage to my heart but we didn't know how bad it was.

Anyway I don't post about my personal problems on here much nowadays but I didn't want you all to think I was hiding away.

I have to take things easy for 48 hours following the angiogram so have only really just popped on for a catchup.

We take on board all comments made but that does not mean there is an instant one-thing-fixes-all answer to the issues raised.

We do discuss all reported posts and decide on the appropriate action to take on each one and yes sometimes we may make the wrong call but we are only human too and try our best.

The coronavirus thread will remain open - if we close it then we will just get more and more posts about it so it is in one thread now that you can choose to read or ignore.

I am not going to comment on all the other replies on here as I think Elen replied to those aimed at admins so thanks Elen.

Just remember that we are all accountable for our own words and actions and yes I too can be a bit hot-headed and frustrated at times but there is no malice in my replies - maybe just great frustration at some members.

Just be kind to each other and hope that we can all be anxiety free one day and can then come back on NMP to help others recover in the same way.

Thanks everyone.
    hope you feel better/get better soon Nic
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Thanks Nic

Glad that you got good news.

And agree Be Kind

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Delete them all and then reply to all of the pms with an out of office.
    Lol Scass good call x

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Well said Carnation. We now have people arguing and behaving defensively.

Which posts do you all wish me to delete or posters to ban.

I know that we all have our own issues but yet again it is up to us to walk away when things get too stressful.

The way I see it there are valid points on both sides but at the end of the day I doubt that you will all ever agree.

Go try being an Admin and work out which posts should be deleted, should the replies also be deleted, as otherwise the thread does not make sense?

How many people are going to send you a PM thinking that they have been picked upon?
    personally the worst pm a staff would get from me if a post of mine was removed would be a "dont understand what i did wrong" type, its unusual for me to blow up at staffs and its only ever when i been provoked by the staff who contacted me

like sending a fraction warning ban thing for something like not spelling a moderator's name right (has happened to me elsewhere before), trying to help others feel better (again happened elsewhere to me) basically a staffs action against me for a reason that makes no sense if they actually thought about it

obviously i cant speak for everyone, this is just me personally.

edit: then after getting told what i did i would fall in line with what was asked of me
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information