Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Observations I have made over the past few months on the forum.

Re: Awful observations I have made over the past few months on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Phil was banned from that particular thread as he was posting links to scare mongering "news" after repeatedly being asked by admin to refrain from doing so.

He was also sent a PM advising him of this.

I am sorry if he feels upset by this. Phil has shown on his other threads that he feels that the world is against him when this is strictly not the case.

Elen

Regards to Phil, that is a fair enough explanation. Although isnt the whole post scaremongering? There is enough on the news and social media as it is. If the advice wasn't taken notice of then that is understandable. But I do feel that its still targeting one person when I have noticed a lot worse on the post.
    Phil has mentioned that he had apologised to yourself in a PM but it was not responded too. Even if it was a small reply wouldn't that be better rather than ignoring someone? Its just my opinion, I don't wish to control or influence any others thoughts or behaviours its not my intention. But for someone to feel they they are not welcome here by being ignored is hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Phil was banned from that particular thread as he was posting links to scare mongering "news" after repeatedly being asked by admin to refrain from doing so.

He was also sent a PM advising him of this.

I am sorry if he feels upset by this. Phil has shown on his other threads that he feels that the world is against him when this is strictly not the case.

Elen
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaCass View Post
    Regards to Phil, that is a fair enough explanation. Although isnt the whole post scaremongering? There is enough on the news and social media as it is. If the advice wasn't taken notice of then that is understandable. But I do feel that its still targeting one person when I have noticed a lot worse on the post.
    Phil has mentioned that he had apologised to yourself in a PM but it was not responded too. Even if it was a small reply wouldn't that be better rather than ignoring someone? Its just my opinion, I don't wish to control or influence any others thoughts or behaviours its not my intention. But for someone to feel they they are not welcome here by being ignored is hard to comprehend.
    I can't speak for others but I worry about phil and have seen him trying to avoid the doom and gloom about coronavirus and try look at the number of people who have recovered from it, compared to the fatalities.

I suggested to him in chat a couple of nights ago that he asks to get let back in the thread and agree to whatever staffs say he has to do if he gets let back into the thread

i mean i posted some links in there days ago that would help him seperate facts from fiction but he cant see the thread at all so cannot see those links, so i ended up having to pm them to him.

i see him really trying now.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Maybe it was a good move to stop him posting on the thread if he's trying to modify his posting behaviours now? Nothing else appears to have helped him. Sometimes being assertive and taking action to "protect" other members who had been helped by the cv thread was called for? It's not always fair to give attention and feel sorry for one person who has received a lot of help at the expense of others.
    Last edited by pulisa; 12-03-20 at 16:52.

I know I'll likely get jumped on, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe they are being totally irrational, havn't we all? But to call someone stupid or ridiculous is just purely unkind and unnecessary. Why not change it to "At times when we are highly anxious about something, we don't think clearly and that clouds or judgement, thought patterns etc" don't you agree that it sounds better than, "You're stupid" We have all been through tough times here, otherwise we wouldn't be here at all.
    We don't know the state of mind other members are in when we post replies. Its absolutely normal for others that don't live with mental health to observe us and say these things especially family members, I was the exactly the same when I witnessed my grandmother who has now passed on. At 16 myself before all my troubles with mental health started going to visit her and she would be sitting sitting in a dark room, not wanting to interact with others and so depressed and anxious with agoraphobia. I thought to myself, "I hope I never end up like that", but I wasn't unkind enough to say that. 4 years later I ended up the exact same way, Karma maybe? who knows. I never understood at the time what she was going through, but now I understand wholeheartedly and I always feel guilty for even that initial thought even crossing my mind.
    A friend of mine was acting in a normal way, someone had said something unkind to him and he was found dead from suicide leaving a note thinking he wasn't good enough 2 hours later.
    Words are hurtful and can last in someone's memory more than they remember falling over and breaking a leg for example. Words are intensified when suffering mental health let alone if someone doesnt and its totally preventable.

I don't believe in calling people stupid, because people generally aren't.

However, I have no problems saying that a behaviour is stupid or ridiculous; there's a difference. Again, I'd repeat that the people who usually get this sort of treatment on the forums aren't known for trying to help others. Mentally ill or not, sometimes people need to be called out on their bad behaviour or unhelpful coping strategies.

I see what you are trying to say Whisper.
    But I think it was more of the principle rather than not being allowed to go back onto the thread. Its an unhealthy thread as it is in my opinion.

I find phil very pleasant to chat to in the chat room, compared to what I’ve seen from his forum posting - he seems much more positive

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I know I'll likely get jumped on, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    its in chat that i have seen him really trying.

i know he doesnt feel able to post on the forum now, i get the impression he's too afraid of having more threads switched off for him

i do worry about him and others here ............
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I don't believe in calling people stupid, because people generally aren't.

However, I have no problems saying that a behaviour is stupid or ridiculous; there's a difference. Again, I'd repeat that the people who usually get this sort of treatment on the forums aren't known for trying to help others. Mentally ill or not, sometimes people need to be called out on their bad behaviour or unhelpful coping strategies.
    Just an observation, but do you not think this kind of comment from yourself on the top of this page comes across passive aggressive to someone genuinely concerned and struggling with their mental health concerns? Again just an observation.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...t=yellow+nails

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information