Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Observations I have made over the past few months on the forum.

Re: Awful observations I have made over the past few months on the forum.

Although I had mentioned Phil. This was a direct question for the admins here for myself to have better understanding of the situation.

If I could kindly ask that we don't carry on with taking about a member that is afraid to comment on this post and defend himself as its unfair for the person in question who already feels no longer welcome here.
    Thank you.

i admit one thing i can get carried away with is the health of my girlies, what made me worse was when Ebony got cancer and died, i get terrified that Tigger will catch cancer as well
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

People get frustrated eventually Mamacass, after many many years of 'supporting' with nothing given back. Its human nature, especially when this is a community of people who have their own mental health issues, and to be honest I do find this whole thread rather provocative (hard to not now talk about Phil after you named him?! and have picked out another member personally to 'name and shame'). Its a really tough job I should think being admins on here, and quite often we don't know the long background of cases, nor do you know the whole history of an individual. Overt rudeness is obviously not something I am condoning, but at the end of the day we are all human ....
    Last edited by Carys; 12-03-20 at 17:51.

I find this thread unhelpful and provocative too. And I support Blue Iris wholeheartedly in her comments.

That is totally understandable Whisper, one memory or event can trigger worries for us.
    I started with health anxiety 2 years ago after receiving a letter to have a routine smear test and then realising I had not had one for 9 years, I made myself ill with worry thinking that they would find cervical cancer. That's where my cancer health anxiety stemmed from.
    Since last November Ive had trouble with my digestive system, gurgling, rumbling and just a very noisy constantly. Struggling to digest food and with mushy stools and undigested food. Last December I had bloods taken at the hospital, they said all was ok and no sign of infection etc. But the drs say IBS. I will admit I struggle with this diagnosis and I am still suffering all of this 4 months on but I am afraid to go back to the Dr because of my high anxiety. I know its the best thing to do and im aware of that. But when there is a huge walled barrier infront of you to try and get over its not as easy as some realise. Being held up by my husband in a waiting room full of patients because im unable to stand due to my fear, is embarrasing for me, as im sure it would do others.

I do not see how this post is provocative in anyway... I think Cass worded her concerns in a very fair manner. If she has a concern I feel this sub form is the best place to air said concerns

Quote Originally Posted by MamaCass View Post
    Just an observation, but do you not think this kind of comment from yourself on the top of this page comes across passive aggressive to someone genuinely concerned and struggling with their mental health concerns? Again just an observation.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...t=yellow+nails
    No, I don't. I think it came out across as purely aggressive. With apologies to Reb, however, since she's clearly trying incredibly hard these days and generally doing pretty heroically, she did land up losing somebody she loved because of her anxiety, which I was really hoping wouldn't happen.

I'd also ask what about those of us who've spent decades learning to stand up for ourselves because it's been ingrained into us to be the better person no matter what? Anger and frustration aren't inherently bad or wrong, and neither is expressing them. I will say, though, that your sanctimony is actually pretty triggering to this particular mentally ill person. However, that's on me and I really hope I can find the common sense to walk away from this thread sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by BlueIris; 12-03-20 at 18:01. Reason: Awful grammar when overemotional.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I find this thread unhelpful and provocative too. And I support Blue Iris wholeheartedly in her comments.
    Im sorry you feel this way, but Im rather confused by this comment.

My original intention, was this thread was started by just some observations that I had noticed and was hoping I would get some answers to my questions from an admin. This thread wasnt to cause a debate or to influence anyone or to be unhelpful or proactive at all. That's why I had put this thread here instead of anywhere else.

If I don't think a thread posted by a member is unhelpful or proactive I just scroll on by.

I welcome any opinions right or wrong. Members here are frequent posters whereas Im not and Ive been here since 2004 so they have made friends here and I understand that you all stick together as friends and support each other.

I think it would be a shame for people to fall out over this... I’m sorry you’re upset blueiris as I was/am sorry cass was upset enough to post this

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    No, I don't. I think it came out across as purely aggressive. With apologies to Reb, however, since she's clearly trying incredibly hard these days and generally doing pretty heroically, she did land up losing somebody she loved because of her anxiety, which I was really hoping wouldn't happen.

I'd also ask what about those of us who've spent decades learning to stand up for ourselves because it's been ingrained into us to be the better person no matter what? Anger and frustration aren't inherently bad or wrong, and neither is expressing them. I will say, though, that your sanctimony is actually pretty triggering to this particular mentally ill person. However, that's on me and I really hope I can find the common sense to walk away from this thread sooner rather than later.
    Im sorry you feel that i am trying to be sanctimonious. Absolutely not my intention.

I tried to use an example as you were here and thought you would be happy to answer. Im sorry if this has upset you.
    As said to Pulisa, this thread I thought would'nt escalate and I would just have maybe one answer from an admin and that would have closed my question why these unkind posts are allowed to continue.
    I dont wish to fall out over any of this with anyone.
    Everyone has an opinion and i totally accept that.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information