Thread: Vomiting and diarrhoea- anxiety or something else?

Vomiting and diarrhoea- anxiety or something else?

Hi,

As you may have seen recently I've been extremely worried about coronavirus. It also coincided with GI pain, and I woke up not too long ago s...ing and vomiting.

There seems to be no tummy bugs going round (and I haven't had one in years) so I was wondering if this was my anxiety flaring up in a new way due to my extreme corona fears. I have occasionally manifested GI symptoms due to anxiety- when I was severely depressed 12 years ago I found myself vomiting before a mock exam I didn't want to take. A couple of years later I had problems digesting food before a major exam and (sorry for TMI) a can of tuna I had for lunch ended up coming out in much the same way it came in. More often than not though the major GI manifestation is reflux.

Regardless of the cause this is really scaring me more.

Currently freaking out over mice!

Re: Vomiting and diarrhoea- anxiety or something else?

Sounds like it might just be a stomach bug, but if you’re particularly anxious it could also be that. Do you feel unwell in general with the symptoms? If so probably a virus or something you’ve eaten. Of course anxiety can make you feel really rough too.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Sounds like it might just be a stomach bug, but if you’re particularly anxious it could also be that. Do you feel unwell in general with the symptoms? If so probably a virus or something you’ve eaten. Of course anxiety can make you feel really rough too.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really, I have had chills on and off recently but I think those were triggered by cold even though I've never felt cold in that way before.

Apart from the on-off stomach pain I feel fine.

Currently freaking out over mice!

Quote Originally Posted by yesmorepanic View Post
    Hi,

As you may have seen recently I've been extremely worried about coronavirus. It also coincided with GI pain, and I woke up not too long ago s...ing and vomiting.

There seems to be no tummy bugs going round (and I haven't had one in years) so I was wondering if this was my anxiety flaring up in a new way due to my extreme corona fears. I have occasionally manifested GI symptoms due to anxiety- when I was severely depressed 12 years ago I found myself vomiting before a mock exam I didn't want to take. A couple of years later I had problems digesting food before a major exam and (sorry for TMI) a can of tuna I had for lunch ended up coming out in much the same way it came in. More often than not though the major GI manifestation is reflux.

Regardless of the cause this is really scaring me more.
    An anxiety can indeed cause digesting problem or a diarrhea because at the moment when you are anxious your entire organism comes through an enormous stress and it can
    change the way your organism functions at that time for self-preservation measures.

Bit of a random thread bump eh.

Thread Information