Thread: Bowel worries - because who doesn't love a poo thread?

Bowel worries - because who doesn't love a poo thread?

I'm stressing out that I have a bowel tumour or instruction. I have had ongoing bowel issues since January, mainly gas, bloating and constipation. I never have a normal BM, they are always hard and small so I'm worried it's because I have a tumour. Have also been worrying about ovarian cancer. Obviously the coronavirus stuff is making it a million times worse as I am worried that they won't be able to diagnose it or treat it on time because of that and also that it's an undiagnosed underlying health condition. Just feel really worried all the time at the moment. I saw the Dr a few weeks ago and he gave me omeprazole which hasn't helped much so I quit taking it. I've been talking fybogel every day but minimal difference so that's made me even more worried.
    Last edited by cattia; 13-03-20 at 13:46. Reason: Change threat title instead of starting new thread.

Re: Bowel worries - because who doesn't love a poo thread?

Laxido sachets work best for my IBS-constipation. You can buy them over the counter. Fybogel does nothing for me and GP s don't recommend it for slower gut transit.

Thanks Pulisa.
    I have wondered if it is IBS as I've had similar before but not usually for this long. I get mild cramping and general indigestion type symptoms pretty much every day.. The funny thing was that a few weeks ago when I had a job interview and I was super nervous my bowels actually turned back to normal for a couple of days! I guess when we get very anxious we get diarrhea and things speed up so maybe that's why. I do feel as though I have a sluggish digestion. I think all the media stuff around coronavirus is spiking my anxiety in other ways; I guess many of us are experiencing similar. Thanks again for your reply.

I had worries about my bowels not so long back. My doc said that constipation rarely is a sign of bowel cancer and that you would normally bleed. I find that drinking lots of water helps. That and not stressing.

Pav, both things that I fail to do!! Thank you. I'm trying to get some perspective but in the current climate I'm finding it difficult.

I'm now worried that I have a tumour in my sinus / face as I have a fullness in one ear, blocked nose on the same side that has some blood sometimes when I blow and also my contact lense has been difficult to focus out of on that side for a few weeks now so I am worried that this could be because the muscles on that side are being affected by the tumour.

All these fears are very real to me. I have been doing a lot better in therapy and this is the worst I've felt for a long while. I think I am afraid that because of Coronavirus, I won't be able to get diagnosis and treatment that I need and I will end up either dying of an underlying health condition or the underlying heath condition itself will kill me. I'm really struggling (in fact I would say completely failing) to stay rational at this time. I feel I am managing to rationalise my worries about corona reasonably well but in the meantime these other worries are running out of control. I want to talk to my Dr but I can't get an appointment until April (that's when my next routine one is booked)

Your ear nose and throat are all connected I constantly go back and forth with fullness/muffled sound in one ear and it pops a lot I was worried it was something serious too but the reality is it’s just something that happens. Have you had a cold or anything lately? Also for the bowel movement question I never have normal bowl movements either, or should I say I never used to I was always either constipated or had diarrhea. Try up your fiber and avoid foods that are triggering to you and make you extra gassy I found certain vegetables eg cabbage and also bread does this to me once you find out what’s causing it you’ll find out what to avoid. So 1. Your ears are fine and are connected to your nose and throat so if you’re having sinus problem that’s the cause or you might have a wax build up and may need them syringed. 2. Up your fibre intake and try pin point what foods trigger your belly worries.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information