Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried I may have the corona virus

Re: Worried I may have the corona virus

Originally Posted by Hypo27
    Easier said then done I just have the worst of luck I could easily see me being in the 15 percent..
    I have just merged a thread of yours which started on the 14th of march, that you were worried you had covid-19...... that is now getting on towards 3 weeks ago. two things - this virus does not last 3 weeks and also after having covid-19 for 3 weeks I am sure you would have noticed by now if you were in the 15% you keep on going on about.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

He always has breathing problems when he's anxious...or perceived breathing problems anyway. They aren't problems if his oxygen level is that high.

I can't believe your gf lets you have an O2 meter, B. Remember back when you thought you had ALS, it was some lung onset there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    That’s kind of irrelevant right now don’t you think? Even if I do have some kind of cancer it won’t kill me in a matter of hours or days. This virus kills quickly and my cough is just getting worse. I’m going to have to go to er if it gets worse.
    My partners friend, who is 5 months pregnant by the way, was diagnosed with Covid-19 earlier today. She was tested because her partner had shown some mild symptoms and she, of course, is pregnant.

She has no symptoms but is 100% confirmed as being infected with this virus. She’s taking it in her stride.

I understand you have an anxiety disorder but my point is most people are verging on panic disorders right now, it would be worth trying to remind yourself that you’re in a far less vulnerable position than a heck of a lot of people.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Most people with normal immune systems are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms and are told to self-isolate. They recover in a couple of weeks. Why would you be any different? Is your immune system compromised by drugs or severe illness?

Just like your reasoning for having cancer was distorted by HA, your reasoning for contracting COVID-19 is also highly distorted and skewed.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Every story I’ve read that had the cough developed severe issues that’s what really worries me.

You’re not thinking logically though. A cough is one of the most common symptoms of this virus. Yet only 5% of cases are considered critical. Using that logic and those stats, it’s just not possible for:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Every story I’ve read that had the cough developed severe issues

Hi

I am also worried I have corona virus - here in the UK so unfortunately can’t get tested !

I’ve had symptoms for 19 days now , started with a fever shakes chills and a cough - all that’s left is the cough now which is still lingering Almost 3 weeks later .

It’s a deep painful dry cough and my chest feels so tight like someone is sitting on it but I am still able to function normally to a certain extent .

Such a worrying time and me being of course an absolute hypochondriac it really hasn’t helped at all !

I’m consistently worried about my chest but need to keep being positive and hope I can get over this soon . It may not even be corona but I am convinced obviously !

I just hope it doesn’t get any worse .

I hope everyone is taking care and staying safe through these horrible times,

Hypo, you are catastrophizing, along with all the usual tunnel vision, and it's exactly the same as your other worries. That's why Nic asked you that question. The underlying issue, your anxiety, is in all of your health worries and until you address it you will be like this with everything.

You say you are afraid of having worse complications like pneumonia. I've had pneumonia on top of asthma and it wasn't a death sentence or something to be in intensive care for. The oxygen was great and so was the nebulizer treatment. But I wasn't like someone in a hospital drama on TV. Neither was my elderly mother when she had pneumonia on top of COPD.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 02-04-20 at 04:55. Reason: Typo

I have a cold and am not allowed to leave my home,coughing like an old wino and feel like I swallowed razor blades.but not worried about the virus.1AE601E8-EEB0-4A69-9E3E-14C46B60DE47.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    Hi

I am also worried I have corona virus - here in the UK so unfortunately can’t get tested !

I’ve had symptoms for 19 days now , started with a fever shakes chills and a cough - all that’s left is the cough now which is still lingering Almost 3 weeks later .

It’s a deep painful dry cough and my chest feels so tight like someone is sitting on it but I am still able to function normally to a certain extent .

Such a worrying time and me being of course an absolute hypochondriac it really hasn’t helped at all !

I’m consistently worried about my chest but need to keep being positive and hope I can get over this soon . It may not even be corona but I am convinced obviously !

I just hope it doesn’t get any worse .

I hope everyone is taking care and staying safe through these horrible times,
    It's most certainly the 'fear of the unknown'.

And had the authorities in this country got their act together with the testing from the off instead of dithering things would probably have been much clearer by now.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information