Thread: Anxiety ramping up recently

Anxiety ramping up recently

I thought I had this beat, I really did.

But then the dreaded C-word (coronavirus) had to come along and ruin everything. I've been almost obsessively looking up numbers, trying to find a glimmer of hope of this all ending sooner rather than later. I worry about my elderly grandparents with underlying health conditions. I worry that their children may have been exposed to coronavirus on the job and that they inadvertantly pass it along to them. I worry that the shops will shut down and we'll all be put on lockdown. I worry about the sharp increase in cases in my area in the last 24 hours. It's not a major amount given the population, but it's still high compared to other areas with similar population.

I've had stomach upsets, headaches and other physical symptoms as a result of this, some of which mimic uncommon corona symptoms. It's got to the point where I genuinely don't want to live with this much fear and uncertainty.

Currently freaking out over mice!

Re: Anxiety ramping up recently

I totally feel you. It is scary and people going crazy and acting like idiots doesn't help!

don't worry you are not alone...all we can do is to keep our emotional and mental health good..

I was doing so well with it all until I had an upset stomach earlier after work and I just happened to see someone in a news article explaining their symptoms and they said diarrhea was one of the symptoms days before feeling really I'll. Now I am worried that I may have the start of the coronavirus. We did have layoffs at work today but I am ok. So not sure if that is why or if it's the virus. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl2015 View Post
    I was doing so well with it all until I had an upset stomach earlier after work and I just happened to see someone in a news article explaining their symptoms and they said diarrhea was one of the symptoms days before feeling really I'll. Now I am worried that I may have the start of the coronavirus. We did have layoffs at work today but I am ok. So not sure if that is why or if it's the virus. Ugh
    Could be purely coincidental though.

Yes, diarrhoea is one symptom listed but is lower in the 'rank' of CV symptoms. The foremost symptoms are 'fever' (high temperature of or exceeding 37.8C/100F) and/or prolonged 'dry cough'. Still don't mean to come across as a 'know-it-all' though.

Thread Information