I have been having problems with indigestion and possibly reflux since before xmas. Several drs trips and ive been diagnosed with gastritis and reflux but not had any tests. The pain is usually upper right side in the stomach area but mainly in the chest area and goes to my back. I'm due an abdominal scan on the 20th. I've been on laprozole since the beginning of jan and the pain comes and goes but I'd been finding recently that it's lessened and some days it's not even there and when it is it's milder.

However, I've had a terrible weekend. I could feel my anxiety and stress rising over the past couple of weeks and I don't know if it's related but, things have got bad again. Since saturday morning I've had what feels like heartburn. I've got this burning sensation in my chest behind my sternum and my throat feels full of crap. My throat isn't burning, chest my chest. My chest also feels tight and a bit painful and it makes my upper back ache. I also get these sharp stabby pains in the right side of my chest and these are the pains I've had since xmas that got better. I'm belching a lot too.

I am utterly terrified that with these pains I'm going to end up in hospital in a packed a&e on a trolley in a corridor for hours because of the coronavirus and the added pressures on the NHS. The anxiety this is causing is dreadful.

I'm scared to eat because my chest feels so uncomfortable. I took gaviscon advance yesterday and don't think it helped.

I'm frightened this is some sort of cancer like esophagus or pancreatic because of my symptoms. I feel very scared today. Please can someone help? Can indigestion last this long and feel so uncomfortable?