Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus survivor stories

Corona virus survivor stories

Can we have a thread that is just about people sharing their stories? Maybe hearing what life is like for people in the quarantine areas might help others prepare and feel less anxious. Or maybe you know someone who has had it and made it though. I feel like people are panicking over the panic and it's become a viscous circle. Let's encourage others to be calm and prepared rather then panicking and falling apart! We can do this!

Re: Corona virus survivor stories

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    Can we have a thread that is just about people sharing their stories? Maybe hearing what life is like for people in the quarantine areas might help others prepare and feel less anxious. Or maybe you know someone who has had it and made it though. I feel like people are panicking over the panic and it's become a viscous circle. Let's encourage others to be calm and prepared rather then panicking and falling apart! We can do this!
    would be nice. I see the odd one in the media but because there aren’t many it makes people panic more. At the moment it’s easy to feel like every single person you know will be infected and not make it through.

The two I have seen in Japan (both from the Diamond Princess) painted a mixed picture. The first guy in his 70s was quarantined for 3 weeks but had zero symptoms and said the hardest part was the boredom and frustration at not being able to go out. The second case, a woman in her 60s, said it was like a bad flu but she got better after about 2 weeks.

This is exactly what we need, the perfect antidote to all of the usual doom stories in the media re CV.

There are almost as many recovered cases globally as there are active cases. This is obviously good news, however, most of them are in China right now and there is still a media blackout so we won't hear about them.

Of counted cases, we only have 20 people recovered in the UK right now. That's because our cases are mostly only the cases that are ill enough to be noticed and tested. If you are ill with Covid you can be ill for quite a long time - up to 6 weeks, so it takes rather a while for the figures in the recovered columns to catch up. But they definitely will, just like they did in China. Having followed this from the very beginning, the numbers in China initially were worrying to read (even though it was obvious they would look better with time). For a long time there were far, far more deaths than recoveries - but eventually, that took a huge swing in the opposite direction. Likewise, Italy at the moment have many more deaths that recovered, as do we in the UK, but in a few weeks it will look very different and we will start hearing those stories more frequently.

There will of course be a huge number in the UK that have had it but do not know, it was either so mild they didn't notice, or they just though it was the flu or a bad cold. Without testing though, they don't have a 'recovered' status as they were never counted. Now we have stopped community testing in the UK, we won't really hear about anyone who has a mild case, nor will they be counted in the numbers. The WHO are not happy about us doing this, but hopefully someone in the know has a good reason.

I have come in to work this morning and a friend of my colleague has it, he’s quite poorly (as we know some people will be) but he’s in hospital and my friends sister is working in a ski resort in France and she had symptoms for 3 days. She’s pretty sure it was Coronavirus and she said she felt quite ill with it just like if she had flu. This was almost two weeks ago but she is flying home tomorrow to the UK. I don’t feel nervous about her coming back though which is strange for me!

my friends neighbour had a bad cough and difficulty breathing but they just said it’s an infection from being run down. Don’t know how they can be so sure without testing. Paramedics weren’t masked up or anything. Must be thousands more, there are those with very mild symptoms, mild pneumonia and those that are completely asymptomatic. Without sending a test back out to every single person we will never know true numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGroundhog View Post
    There are almost as many recovered cases globally as there are active cases. This is obviously good news, however, most of them are in China right now and there is still a media blackout so we won't hear about them.

Of counted cases, we only have 20 people recovered in the UK right now. That's because our cases are mostly only the cases that are ill enough to be noticed and tested. If you are ill with Covid you can be ill for quite a long time - up to 6 weeks, so it takes rather a while for the figures in the recovered columns to catch up. But they definitely will, just like they did in China. Having followed this from the very beginning, the numbers in China initially were worrying to read (even though it was obvious they would look better with time). For a long time there were far, far more deaths than recoveries - but eventually, that took a huge swing in the opposite direction. Likewise, Italy at the moment have many more deaths that recovered, as do we in the UK, but in a few weeks it will look very different and we will start hearing those stories more frequently.

There will of course be a huge number in the UK that have had it but do not know, it was either so mild they didn't notice, or they just though it was the flu or a bad cold. Without testing though, they don't have a 'recovered' status as they were never counted. Now we have stopped community testing in the UK, we won't really hear about anyone who has a mild case, nor will they be counted in the numbers. The WHO are not happy about us doing this, but hopefully someone in the know has a good reason.
    This could very well have been both me and my parents mid-way through February (just before CV really started to get going here in the UK) as all three of us had flu-like symptoms for about two and a half weeks, but we did the 'self-isolation' thing at the time (pretty much ahead of all the current recommendations) and so far so good, we have all been fine since about the last week of Feb. And like I just said this was before the big panic really started to set in, even though CV had already been present within our shores since the end of January.

And the experts have been saying that the total number of people affected may have been (and likely still are) much higher than the official recorded stats indicate, possibly even before 31st Jan. And no doubt not just here but worldwide.

And keep remembering the (real) experts will be learning even more about the virus, and how to manage it, in due course.

Not confirmed but I think I and those around me had it back in late January. It's was a rough flu. My brother, partner and next door neighbor had to take antibiotics and had difficulties breathing. My partners friends daughter had to be admitted to hospital for it. Antibiotics didn't work to shift it for any of them. Took them about 4 weeks to recover and all said it wasn't any normal flu. Take it with a grain of salt.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

The US is just starting this so there isnt many cases of people getting better. We are in the beginning of lockdown and getting prepared. Some people take Italy as an example and get ready to stay home and only venture out in emergency. I hope and pray this all ends soon. I saw somewhere( maybe on here?) That some drs think the virus has been around longer then we think and some people have already had it and moved on unknowingly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information