Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus survivor stories

Re: Corona virus survivor stories

I had two doses of something during January and February - both times it started the same with sore throat, then the cough - second time it came with a bit of feverishness and lasted for nearly two weeks. Never really got rid of the chesty cough which has lingered mildly. About 5 other bods in the train on Thursday evening (there were only 10 of us in the entire carriage!) had the same 'wet' cough and throat clearing.

Who is to say that this wasn't a muted dose of CV? As some have reported, it just felt like the seasonal cold. We just don't know and the scientists don't know as I should imagine there are huge variances in symptoms depending on peoples' response to any infection.

London just announced a peak on the way as I suspected it would by the end of March ... now been told by the institution where my work office is based that they are recommending all who can work from home should do so immediately.

Deep breath, calm and remember the Churchillian maxim ... if we are all sensible it can be weathered.

Would help if the government, media and internet didn't keep the momentum of reporting on such high alert - they are scaring people witless.

Once we get some data on recovery rates and recovery experiences it might help people calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    I had two doses of something during January and February - both times it started the same with sore throat, then the cough - second time it came with a bit of feverishness and lasted for nearly two weeks. Never really got rid of the chesty cough which has lingered mildly. About 5 other bods in the train on Thursday evening (there were only 10 of us in the entire carriage!) had the same 'wet' cough and throat clearing.

Who is to say that this wasn't a muted dose of CV? As some have reported, it just felt like the seasonal cold. We just don't know and the scientists don't know as I should imagine there are huge variances in symptoms depending on peoples' response to any infection.

London just announced a peak on the way as I suspected it would by the end of March ... now been told by the institution where my work office is based that they are recommending all who can work from home should do so immediately.

Deep breath, calm and remember the Churchillian maxim ... if we are all sensible it can be weathered.

Would help if the government, media and internet didn't keep the momentum of reporting on such high alert - they are scaring people witless.

Once we get some data on recovery rates and recovery experiences it might help people calm down.
    Trouble is, concerning the 'momentum of reporting on such high alert', like it or not, they are essentially 'damned if they do and damned if they don't'.

I am still trying my hardest to keep a level head during all of this and I am a bit more relieved now that our PM is finally starting to pull his own head out of the sand and being forced to face the music!!

Yes it will be really nice once we start getting more info on recovery rates and experiences.

Scared people seem to be drawn to all this reporting though as can be seen on the main CV thread on here. Morbid fascination with as many facts and as much detail as is offered..at a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Scared people seem to be drawn to all this reporting though as can be seen on the main CV thread on here. Morbid fascination with as many facts and as much detail as is offered..at a cost.
    Agreed. That thread is another form of Google and news obsession in my opinion.

This thread has already become an example of the HA board which I'm sure wasn't the intention of the OP. People are self diagnosing the unknown when it's much more likely they caught the usual winter nasties.

Some brighter news now!!

According to Wikipedia, 52 people in the UK have now recovered from CV.

It's not much, but here's a blurb about my first two "neighbors" from over a month ago:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...overy/2220027/

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Some brighter news now!!

According to Wikipedia, 52 people in the UK have now recovered from CV.
    UPDATE:

It is now actually 65 people in the UK that have recovered from the virus. Now outnumbering the confirmed number of deaths, albeit only by 5, but still promising signs nevertheless.

It’s probably loads more as well because so many people aren’t being tested.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Agreed. That thread is another form of Google and news obsession in my opinion.

This thread has already become an example of the HA board which I'm sure wasn't the intention of the OP. People are self diagnosing the unknown when it's much more likely they caught the usual winter nasties.
    Yes I agree. It's turned into the inevitable..but at least the HA forum is mostly quiet...Interestingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It’s probably loads more as well because so many people aren’t being tested.
    Do you mean recovered or active cases?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information