Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other immunosuppressed people here?

Any other immunosuppressed people here?

Just wondering who else is at high risk. I'm on immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease.

Re: Any other immunosuppressed people here?

I am on them for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I really don't know what to do.

I know what I should do but mentally and fiscally I am not sure that I could cope with not working.

It is definitely a very scary time knowing that you are under a real risk.

Would you not get financial help from your Government if you were unable to work, Elen? I understand about the "mentally" bit and how daunting not working would be for you.

It's very different facing up to a "real" risk as opposed to managing a real fear from the relative safety of the low risk majority.

Have you had any medical advice on this? I know...probably highly unlikely!!!

I have Crohn's so on immunosuppressants, I also have heart problems and asthma.

I am self-employed so told if I want to self-isolate I won't get paid and would have to talk to the "government" about that. I can't work from home as I do care work out in the community.

I am living on nothing as it is so really can't afford not to work.

Don't know what to do either for the best.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Would you still be able to work in the community though? It's a really difficult situation for you but I think you should put your physical health first if you have that option.

From what I can gather I am only eligible for SSP, which would not even cover my bills.

I don't envy you working in the community, I am lucky in that I have managed to isolate my work space, though some other members of staff are not happy about it, but that is there problem.

You must look after yourself, Elen and the others can lump it. They are obviously not concerned about your wellbeing. If you can carry on working safely then I'm sure you will. As for paying bills, I'm sure that there will be measures put in place to defer payments..The most important thing is to keep as well as possible under daunting circumstances.

Just realised that I have a DNR on my records, so my worst fear of being hospitised for a long period will not happen.

So you will have control over what will happen in a worst case scenario. The ultimate wcs.

Not sure what I am going to do yet. I am working the rest of the week and will have to talk to the parents of the people I see and what they want to do.

My "boss" basically said if I want to take time off I can but I won't get paid. I am already going to have to defer the mortgage payments for a few months in case I am off work.

Very stressful. I will have no money to pay bills and live off if I don't work!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information