Thread: i check my bedroom before i go to bed

i check my bedroom before i go to bed

i dont know if anyone suffers the same problem but i have a fear of people being in my room or before i get in bath also i have a caravan and there have seperate public toliets with showers and im scared dat someone is always in there coing to get me i dont know if it is a phobia or just me seeing things.

rosie xxx

Re: i check my bedroom before i go to bed

Rosie

Why do you feel the need to do this?

I am sure there is never anyone there and can you not be reassured each time that there isn't?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i feel i need to do it because when i was little i got sexually abused and i keep thinking hes gonna come after me

rosiexx

thanks for your help

Ok very sorry to hear that - must be worrying for you as I can see.

Can you try and realise now that the trauma is over and you are now safe and no-one is going to get you. Hard I know but that trauma was in your past and has to stay there.

It won't be easy but each day that you feel safe will add to those positive thoughts.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thankyou you have helped me so much

rosiex

Hi Rosie

I am sorry to hear of what happened in your past sweetie and its understandable that sometimes you feel a little vulnerable , You recognize yourself that the checking that you are doing isnt really needed, can I suggest that you try to break this habbit slighly bit by bit over some period of time , as i think tryin to stop checking all at once may be a little difficult for you.

So for example if you check behind doors then under the bed , perhaps tonight tell yourself that you will check the doors but you will NOT check under the bed , and remember that what has happened is in the past and that you are SAFE ..... When you have managed NOT to check under the bed for a week then perhaps move on to something else and dont check there either, rememeber this is Just about breaking bad habbits !!

Once you have started to break the cycle it will become so much easier to allow the negative thinking to pass too, and remember for every acheivment make sure that you get yourself a little reward.

Good luck

Michelle
    But you try farting and see how much attention you get !!!

thankyhoo i will try that

rosiexx

Good suggestions there - one step at a time and recognizing the problem in the first place was a big leap forward hun. Well done!!

Piglet

thankyhoo last night i didnt chek in my wardrobe i was so proud thankyhoo everyone i could do it without your help

rosiexx

Nice one - well done!

Piglet

Thread Information