Thread: Struggling!!!

Struggling!!!

I know I’m not the only one who’s struggling at the minute giving the current situation, even people without an anxiety disorder are struggling. My biggest fear though is everything being locked down and not being able to get a GP appointment if things start to get really bad for me. I can usually keep things under control but at times when things get too much I usually get a small amount of diazepam to help get me through the toughest times. So basically I’m getting anxious about getting too anxious and not being able to get any help. Anyone in a similar boat?

Re: Struggling!!!

I'm sure loads of people are but of course it seems a lot worse when you have an anxiety disorder to start with.

My daughter is on the autistic spectrum ad also has severe anxiety and OCD contamination issues. She is really struggling to get through the hours and to function at all. Her GP is speaking to her on the phone regularly and she has been prescribed diazepam but I have to say that she only gets this because she has ASD and cannot take anti depressants for medical reasons. Surgeries appear to be only offering face to face appointments for emergencies which can't be assessed over the phone so I'd advise trying to book in a telephone appt if you need some diazepam to help you to cope with things.

Psychologically it can help to have a small amount in stock...I know it's not ideal but ....if it helps..

Thanks for getting back to me Pulisa. Sorry to hear about your Daughter I hope shes hanging on in there. I wasn’t anxious at the start of the week then I just got a thought saying what if you get anxious but cant get to a Dr? And hey presto my anxiety started. I’m really worried they won’t be able to prescribe diazepam over the phone, plus it’s a new Dr who I’ve never has the meds from even though it’ll be all over my records. I’m just anxious about it all! It definitely helps even just having it in the house. There have been many times I’ve gotten through a rough patch by not even touching the meds. Just knowing they were there was enough!

if you want somebody to talk to, we are here your forum group and if you want also a professional help you can go online therapy.

Thanks solarbind. That’s very kind. I’m waiting for my GP to call me back. Had a pretty rough night last night

Yes - edit copy edit paster

You will get a GP appointment or worst case a repeat prescription - so put that aside

Anxiety about anxiety is how we live isn't it - this is just giving us something real to be anxious about - i go from coping to not in a flash

I hope you have support - always happy to chat if that helps

Hi OldChris. Yeah you’re right I got a phone appointment and she had no worries prescribing the meds that I need. What you’ve said there describes me down to a tee, anxious about being anxious! It’s a bloody vicious cycle! I have a very supportive wife but would love to chat mate, I think it helps talking to like minded people!

Any time mate - I agree entirely - my wife is supportive but has limits - so what makes you wobble?

Yeah same. A lot of things make me wobble to be honest lol. The list is too long but at the moment I’m just worried about everything, from being in lockdown (which is bizarre as I love being in the house and not having to go out ha) to my loved ones catching the virus, and just how different life is going to be now and not knowing for how long. Like you said in an earlier post one minute I’m ok the next I just loose my sh*t. What about yourself? Are you holding up ok mate?

Thread Information