Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emmz's Covid19 in numbers thread (updated)

Re: Emmz's Covid19 in numbers thread (updated)

haha I actually changed it before you all noticed the spelling mistake.... but I bloody missed changing one on the first post

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Emmz - I had to change the title of the thread a "special way".

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Emmz - I had to change the title of the thread a "special way".
    Thank you for being special sorry thank you for doing it the specal way

Well done Emma. keep up the good work x

Thanks for sharing this perspective of the situation in your country, WM.

How are you coping with the lockdown? x

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Well, the numbers are moving so quickly in some countries that they become outdated by the hour or minute.

In NZ we are into our second week of compulsory lock down. For those interested in how things are moving in a country with only 4.7 million.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12322056
    That's exactly why since Wednesday (1st April) I haven't been getting so worked up about the CV situation here in the UK, due to the fact that they seem to keep chopping and changing how the numbers are compiled and published basically every other day now, so I have now come to the conclusion that the official daily stats in this country don't really tell us the full story, be it fatalities or confirmed cases, especially as there are probably more 'unrecorded' cases than we all think, both 'current' (active) and 'historical' (now recovered), so I am now approaching this whole CV situation with a 'take it as it comes' attitude, and in the meantime, just carrying on doing what I do best (whatever's still permissible, and within reason), plus continuing to stick to the same basic rules until all of this finally blows over.

At least more stringent action is now being taken in supermarkets with the 'social distancing' stuff, such as only a limited number of customers being allowed in the store in one go, the semi-isolation screens now having been installed on the checkouts, and of course, the markings on the store floors instructing social distancing procedures to the customers. Shame these measures couldn't have been employed a fortnight ago, just prior to the official 'lockdown' being declared, though probably still, in fairness, better late than never.

Also the toilet roll panic-buying has already showed signs of easing this week, at least here on my manor.

It sounds as though you are very well organised, WM and hopefully you are right and things will start to improve in NZ.

I hope we soon see a reduction in our cases but it's going to be a rough week ahead, i fear and I just hope that people follow instructions and stay at home despite the warmer weather x

The 1.5m rule is a joke over here,watched the news and people are still flocking together like sheep.
    We need to keep the Cruise Ships away from our ports,it’s terrible that over 2000 people were allowed off these incubators without even a check.
    Dreading the winter months,that’s when it will hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    The 1.5m rule is a joke over here,watched the news and people are still flocking together like sheep.
    We need to keep the Cruise Ships away from our ports,it’s terrible that over 2000 people were allowed off these incubators without even a check.
    Dreading the winter months,that’s when it will hit us.
    I agree and Scott Morrison has dithered around without any firm leadership, he should have got the state premiers together and got them to enforce lock down weeks ago. Our PM (Jacinda Ardern) had been in talks with him several weeks ago and we thought Australia would lock down the same time as NZ, but nothing happened!

I do acknowledge it's more difficult to control things when there are independent states to deal with. There are still some young clowns flaunting the lock down rules over here but they are largely reported and then followed up on. We can only go outside for exercise (keeping 2 metres apart), or to go to the supermarket and for medical supplies. Only essential services are open not hair dressers or beauty salons... Aussies will understand the last comment!

Yes those cruise ships are a worry, thank goodness Aust borders are now closed, I read there's a lot more anchored north of Australia. I feel for those who are on board as they can't return to their countries yet. It's still warm here in Auckland but maybe the colder weather (as we go into Winter) will hopefully keep people inside :/

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ef=recommended

Sorry I just realised this thread is for facts not opinions, so will be more observant in future posting.

Latest update from New Zealand (5/04/2020) ... https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12322568
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 05-04-20 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post

Sorry I just realised this thread is for facts not opinions, so will be more observant in future postings.
    You are fine I really mean it is not a thread to post your worries and fears on, but more of a discussion thread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information