Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Other Unpaid Carers?

Re: Any Other Unpaid Carers?

You and your brother have taken on so much with the care of your parents in their declining years.The legacy of that has been devastating for your brother, obviously. The accumulated emotional load has taken its toll on him but thank goodness he had you to support him through his recovery. Physical care is back breaking but constant emotional support and worry is even more debilitating, I feel.

The responsibility of keeping people going is a big factor for me but I do look after myself as much as I can. I know what you are saying, Noivous.

I've got lots of respect for carers. It rally must be so tough because unlike medical professionals there is no turning it off. Forgetting the personal involvement, which is a massive, just the endless workload is daunting.

Before they were called carers they were just family, loved ones, in many cases. People who give up their lives to do what is right for their family. People who spend their lives looking after children born with disabilities. It's alters the paths of lives and shows a great quality of what is inside these people.

Take care of yourselves

A big hug to you Noivous

I'm only a "carer" in terms of carer's allowance benefit and really it's my purpose to care for my children but I didn't really anticipate this double whammy of acute mental illness and coronavirus in their adult lives but there you go..

This thread isn't about my situation.. I hate talking about myself! I wanted others to contribute but maybe they haven't found the thread yet..I'm sure many people must be run ragged looking after others' needs and just wanted to offer my support for what little it's worth xx

I'm sure others will surface on this thread Pulisa, if they can drag themselves away from Coronavirus reading x

Safe non-virusy hugs to the unpaid carers on the forum
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information