Thread: I keep having panic attacks

I keep having panic attacks

Everyday i've been having these anxious feelings that i feel so weird and afraid of going crazy. I get this huge adrenaline rush come over me and i go to my room to lay in bed and wait for it to pass. It eventually passes but it's SO uncomfortable. Like my mind can't think clear and i'm about to lose touch with reality. Im so scared of that happening and i'll never feel normal again. i feel shaky and very on edge. It comes in waves does this sound like 'normal' panic????

Please help im having a horrible time

Re: I keep having panic attacks

Yes that sounds exactly like panic! I get the whole adrenaline rush, fear I’m going crazy/scared I can’t cope, then I feel on edge and my body’s on high alert and my mind can’t think of anything else.
    I know it’s difficult but you need to learn to not fear these panicky feelings. Have you looked at CBT before? You can do free courses online and read self help books for CBT or even see a therapist for it. Even reading about what anxiety/panic is and how it affects our bodies and minds can help. You need to learn to break the cycle of being afraid of the anxiety.
    Rest assured that the body can only produce adrenaline for a short amount of time so you won’t be feeling panicky forever. Maybe try seeing a doctor about having some meds just to help you through this period - maybe just some beta-blockers to help calm the physical symptoms.
    Hope this helps.

So sorry you're going through this. Have you tried talking to someone, like a professional?

HI Panda,

I had a terrible descent into panic disorder about 5 yrs ago.... i wanted you to know that eventually i managed to get much better and completely recover using CBT/mindfulness and medication.... Aurora is completely right that breaking the cycle of fearing the panic attack is super-important - but easier said than done

Hope you've been able to get some help and feeling ok at the moment

Get to the bottom of it and hold it sharp and transparent each time for a few weeks then comes the next part.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Hi Panda, yes this sounds like panic attacks I've had before too. You do the right thing by lying on your bed until it passes. They're very scary, but if you can remind yourself that no matter how awful it feels, it will pass soon, that might help you.

Hey, that most definitely sounds like a typical anxiety attack. Do you have a psychiatrist? If so, I would recommend you make an appointment to se of they can give you anti anxiety medicine. You will suffer more if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda22 View Post
    Everyday i've been having these anxious feelings that i feel so weird and afraid of going crazy. I get this huge adrenaline rush come over me and i go to my room to lay in bed and wait for it to pass. It eventually passes but it's SO uncomfortable. Like my mind can't think clear and i'm about to lose touch with reality. Im so scared of that happening and i'll never feel normal again. i feel shaky and very on edge. It comes in waves does this sound like 'normal' panic????

Please help im having a horrible time
    Hi Panda

Try this out and see how you get on, worked for me my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sbXz613Lt2oITZ

Best wishes.

Petesy.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Oh one more thing, if my friend helps you out listen.. this person is a life saver and has been here for years and the name is Carnation..

Keep your eyes peeled..

Much love to you all ❤️

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Thread Information