Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stay At Home Order?

Re: Stay At Home Order?

It is definitely crazy what things can anxiety create for us. That coughing feeling has since gone away since I stopped worrying so much about it. I have cut back on taking my temperature and am just trying to remind myself that I am okay and don’t have symptoms.

Earlier tonight my two dogs got in a fight. They aren’t big dogs at all and I made the mistake of getting right in the middle of them since I was panicking that they would really hurt each other. One of the dogs really got me pretty bad on both of my hands. They are all pretty small cuts except one on both hands is small but pretty deep and will still bleed on and off hours later.

My dogs are usually really sweet dogs and they have both had their rabies shots, but now I am terrified I’m going to die from something. I put peroxide on the cuts and am using neosporin and I really don’t want to go to a dr with all of this sickness going around. I got up in the middle of the night to change my bandaid and while cleaning I just had this wave of Nausea hit me. I finished cleaning it and laid back down and now I feel okay. But of course this has me worried now.

I just wish my entire family would stop talking about it. That is all anybody does. They sit around the TV watching the news all day long. And my mom ends up saying things like “we are all just going to die.” and being incredibly negative. I’ve asked them to please cut back on the talk but it doesn’t work.
    My dad went grocery shopping yesterday and they wouldn’t bring the food in the house and instead just stood there screaming at each other that the stuff was probably infected and we’d all get it. I just cannot escape it. It got to the point where my mom was on the porch screaming and spraying everything off to the point the neighbor texted to see if everything was ok.

That does make it really tough especially when you’re stuck in the house with them. Can you go for walks? To a park by yourself? Anything to get out and get some fresh air and take a break from it all?

I have been in isolation for a week and live on my own.I am still waiting on a health care worker
    was told they would deliver my medication that was Friday,my internet keeps dropping out and the same with phone service.But at least I have a roof and food may only have 2 rolls of toilet paperi think of the homeless at this terrible time.

I always remind myself "It could be worse, and it has been worse in history, yet humanity survived". As long as we still have power, water, and some food, historically speaking we are doing better than most of humanity.

I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy. I have taken this opportunity to be relaxing a bit and spending time with family. This Saturday it will be two weeks since I have left my house.
    I started feeling better the more relaxed I got. The need to cough sensation went away for the most part for a few days after I stopped checking my heart rate and oxygen levels. It went away for like three days but then kind of returned. For example, I woke up in the middle of the night and didn’t feel this weird needing to cough sensation at all. I felt fine this morning, and around noon it seemed to come back. I just feel like I need to cough. I don’t know if this is my anxiety. It’s been two weeks almost since I’ve left the house and I haven’t had a fever, but it was almost two weeks ago this feeling like I need to cough thing started. It started the day after my state went on lockdown. I don’t know what to do or if I am just over worrying and scaring myself. I called my doctor last week and they told me if I don’t have a fever or runny nose or anything that I really don’t have any symptoms.

For a couple of Hours it’s like my face has felt kinda warm.. I keep taking my temperature and right now it’s saying 98.6 which is kind of scaring me. I know it’s a normal number but this thermometer might not be right and I’m so scared it’s going to go up.

My face gets warm all the time. Has for years. Like crazy warm feeling. But never a fever so I just ignore it.

my advice is to step away from the thermometer and find a distraction technique that works for you. Anxiety can make your temp rise as well.

Thank you for all of your help, Glass. It’s weird I’ve had the same exact thing happen to me in the past. It’s like out of nowhere my face feels burning hot and is flushed but no fever. Is that how yours gets too?

I think I am just really struggling to cope right now. My way of coping used to always be to get out of the house, get around friends, That always calmed me down. And this is a situation where I can’t do that. I know we all just want normal again. Last night was particularly rough on me. I felt hot and began shivering under blankets. I checked my temp, over and over. And it never went above 98.6. Then the other part it me wonders if I’m not sticking it in my mouth far enough. I was really upset last night and ended up letting all of my emotions get the best of me and I freaked out at my boyfriend. ( over text we haven’t seen each other since the lock down ) and well, he just told me I’m crazy and basically “broke up” with me after 2 years. I’ve tried reaching out to him today but so far no luck. I am living in my own worst nightmare. My face still feels hot today and my temp is reading 98.6 constantly. This is all just too much to handle

I have had issues with this burning face, and had posted threads about it earlier in the year before we were really aware of coronavirus. Always felt as if it was burning up on my cheeks - sometimes they would look red, other times, not. Never ever had a temperature. Googled it - various causes, but sought input on this forum and was amazed that others experienced something similar and have put it down to anxiety (most likely) or rosacea ( possibly, I am in my 50s) and I don't worry about it anymore.

Always in the evening - which could also be down to when we put the heating on or light a fire. With the warmer weather coming I will be able to monitor if it still happens or not! Really, try not to worry about it.

I have had warmth since I have been unwell this last 7-8 days - not on my face (other than as usual but not new) to my throat and upper chest and across my shoulders. Felt very hot both in and out, like a candle has been lit at the bottom of my throat heating it all up - but I have never had a temperature, and I check it each evening same time, and not after anything hot. 111 (our NHS line) stated that if the skin felt hot to touch it could count as a temperature even if it didn't register. After a week I can now begin to feel this heat fading.

As for your comment regarding taking your temperature - pop it under your tongue and close mouth around it.

I hope you reel much better, I undertand entirely how you feel about this isolation - it is so hard - but I've switched off social media, radio, have been reading my kindle alot, take a bath instead of a quick shower, caught up on TV, sorting and tidying out years of rubbish.......
    Wishing you well x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information