Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stay At Home Order?

Re: Stay At Home Order?

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    Thank you for all of your help, Glass. It’s weird I’ve had the same exact thing happen to me in the past. It’s like out of nowhere my face feels burning hot and is flushed but no fever. Is that how yours gets too?

I think I am just really struggling to cope right now. My way of coping used to always be to get out of the house, get around friends, That always calmed me down. And this is a situation where I can’t do that. I know we all just want normal again. Last night was particularly rough on me. I felt hot and began shivering under blankets. I checked my temp, over and over. And it never went above 98.6. Then the other part it me wonders if I’m not sticking it in my mouth far enough. I was really upset last night and ended up letting all of my emotions get the best of me and I freaked out at my boyfriend. ( over text we haven’t seen each other since the lock down ) and well, he just told me I’m crazy and basically “broke up” with me after 2 years. I’ve tried reaching out to him today but so far no luck. I am living in my own worst nightmare. My face still feels hot today and my temp is reading 98.6 constantly. This is all just too much to handle
    im so sorry you’re struggling with all this. I don’t know if it will help at all but yes - that is exactly how my hot face works. No fever, FB it face feels super hot. Actually today I’m dealing with that exact thing lol. I took my temp once and it’s normal. So now I’m just trying not to focus on it, plus trying super hard not to touch my face anyway so that helps me keep my hands off it lol. You aren’t alone in this “symptom” of anxiety. I think it’s really common.

and, I think your boyfriend sounds like a real a$$ if he can’t be bothered to try and help you through the anxiety rather than just resorting to breaking up over text. You deserve way better than that!!!

Re: Stay At Home Order?

I really thought I was doing better. At least a little bit. I had another post which at the point maybe I should join Threads since it seems to be leading back into this. It was about chest tightness I’ve been experiencing. I have had this happen a few times since last summer. I had two different ekgs done last summer, blood tests, and like 3 doctors listened to me and told me they believed it was acid reflux or GERD. So this went on for quite a few weeks over the summer, my doctor upped my anxiety medication and gave me something for GERD. He believed my anxiety was playing a part too. In December it returned for a few days. I went to urgent care. Same thing. The doctor listened to my heart and told me she believed it was GERD or my anxiety playing a part.

As soon as I left that appointment after feeling it for like 3 days it went away. The past few days it has returned again. It’s on my left side by where my heart is, the same as it always is and is just a tightness. I think it might be acid reflux again as I have even belching quite a bit and I felt like last night food or liquid kept coming back to a bit ( gross I know ) But it’s constant, even when I’m not eating. Part of me wants to go back to the dr but I am too afraid of getting the coronavirus, which leads into that.

I am overwhelmed with anxiety. I can’t stand not seeing family or friends that I normally would. I’m scared we are going to be stuck in our houses forever. Getting out was always my way of coping and that’s gone now. My mind is just racing and I feel like I have a death sentence already. Im back to thinking I’ll never get married or have kids. I’m 20 but I do have a risk factor. And who knows if something is wrong with my heart now. I am just fully convinced this is going to kill me. That I’ll never get to see my friends again and will die alone in a hospital. I was crying earlier and just ended up gasping for breath in between crying and it was really scary. I am absolutely embarrassed of my inability to cope. And it’s never getting better no matter how many times I tell myself it will. My anxiety will always get the best of me and I feel like this is just how my life is going to be lived. In fear and not enjoying any of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information