Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How you doing guys

How you doing guys

Hi guys,
    How we all doing in these stressful times, hope your all OK.

Re: How you doing guys

Hi Maca, not doing great at the moment and feeling quite depressed. I’m so frustrated with not being able to go out when and wherever I want. I’m noticing it more as it’s the weekend - been ok most of the week as I’ve been keeping busy with home schooling my son and working in the evenings.
    I’ve reduced ven back to 300mg as the highest dose was putting my anxiety and OCD through the roof. I was starting to think I was levelling out and feeling better on 300mg but all this social distancing and lockdown stuff is setting me back.

Yes its starting to get to me as well so not feeling great. Got to work as I deliver meds to care homes but everyone else are working from home. Its really hard to gauge how meds are working for us due to this unusual stress that were all in. Getting panicky now so just taking it one day at a time. Guess we just have to get on with it.

Yep, can’t change it so why worry about it is what my partner keeps saying. I hope they bring out this antibody test soon. I’m convinced we had it before Christmas as we had all the symptoms, but now my partner has a nasty cough and I’m freaked out again 🙁

Yes its getting to me, if I hear someone at work cough I get freaked right out and each of the last 3 mondays a member of staff is off with no explanation from my manager. Im now quite tense all the time now.

Im luck in a way as im a key worker but 2 care homes now have the virus so I have to be very careful when delivering meds. Got the mask and gloves but am constantly thinking what ive touched in the van or at the homes. Worrying times.

Jo/DS any updates ?

Still a little bit up and down. I’ve definitely improved since cutting back to 300mg but I’m still getting irritable and moody at times. My psychiatrist has suggested I try cutting mirtazapine down from 30 to 15 next as I’m concerned about all the weight gain but I’m still not sure. I’m hoping it will be more sedating on a lower dose and maybe reduce the irritability but I’m worried about the effect it could have on my mood.

I found the reduction of Mirt, once stable on Ven OK, I went from 30mg to 15mg then stopped it without any problems. My weight has got bad as Im eating and not doing much trapped in the house when not at work so this adds to my mood so I feel pretty bad at the moment as my sleep is also poor, I just dont feel rested and am still getting up around 3am every night then going back to sleep. At the moment I feel irritated, moody and lethargic but the Ven is keeping my anxiety under control.

How you doing on 300mg Jo.

Ive been self harming again so dr called yesterday and suggested we go up on Ven, im om 225mg atm. I asked that we stay on same dose for a month then revue. Whats your views on this.

Hi Maca, sorry to hear you’re suffering, how long have you been on the 225mg for? Hopefully it will help and I agree about giving it time. If you get increased anxiety and it persists beyond 6 weeks it might be an idea to drop slightly by 37.5mg but check with your doctor first. I struggled going from 300 to 375, it worsened my anxiety and OCD and just wouldn’t settle but really noticed it drop when I reduced back, first to 337.5 and then back to 300mg after two weeks.

I’m doing ok on the 300mg, been on the dose for 5 weeks now. I’m still getting anxiety but it is much better and easier to cope with. Unfortunately now my mood is lower so I’m thinking I’ll give it another week or so and call the psychiatrist, maybe go back up to 337.5 or increase the quetiapine slightly. I’m on 200mg quetiapine and still taking 30mg mirtazapine. I want to get off the mirtazapine due to the weight problem so tried dropping back to 15mg one evening last week, decided it was too soon though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information