Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to ease your mind/self care right now?

What are you doing to ease your mind/self care right now?

I know this is overwhelming and for me, the daily numbers, figures, and news stories can be draining and it is hard to see the silver lining and hope. I wanted to start this thread for people to share some of the things that bring them joy, distract, ease your fears right now. I know I would appreciate any suggestions people can provide.

As for me, I am getting outside for a walk every single day. I am listening to a good audiobook and my kids are destroying anthills along the way. For that hour or so, I can breathe easier.

Re: What are you doing to ease your mind/self care right now?

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post
    I know this is overwhelming and for me, the daily numbers, figures, and news stories can be draining and it is hard to see the silver lining and hope. I wanted to start this thread for people to share some of the things that bring them joy, distract, ease your fears right now. I know I would appreciate any suggestions people can provide.

As for me, I am getting outside for a walk every single day. I am listening to a good audiobook and my kids are destroying anthills along the way. For that hour or so, I can breathe easier.
    I just bought a new telescope for me and my daughter so we’re going to spend the next few weeks trying to learn the constellations and seeing what we can pick out in the night sky.

During the day, and some nights, I’m having to work so that’s keeping me a bit busier than I would like. I really thought that being at home more would allow me to engage in more...ahem, physical activities with my partner but apparently even a global pandemic doesn’t increase my chances.

I go out for a walk along the canal every day very early before my daughter gets up..It's very quiet and you can hear the birdsong. It's hard to believe all this mayhem is going on in the world as the sun has been out a lot in Surrey, UK..Spring is here and the cold months are over. Things will get easier as we all adapt to our new normal..For some it will be easier than others..and my family fall into the latter category but we are all in the same boat.

I have just put our garden chairs out and we are going to sit out when we can as much as possible..Free Vitamin D and all that!

Best wishes to you and yours, travelgirl! Great idea for a positive thread and for making the best of things! x

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I just bought a new telescope for me and my daughter so we’re going to spend the next few weeks trying to learn the constellations and seeing what we can pick out in the night sky.

During the day, and some nights, I’m having to work so that’s keeping me a bit busier than I would like. I really thought that being at home more would allow me to engage in more...ahem, physical activities with my partner but apparently even a global pandemic doesn’t increase my chances.
    Come on, Gary....You've only just got her name right!

I also wanted to get an outdoor table tennis table but they've all sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Come on, Gary....You've only just got her name right!
    She also delivers a fairly accurate and powerful kick when angry. I’ve discovered that a lot recently.

I am getting out for a walk as often as possible. I’m making my home office desk look pretty. I’m practicing online retail therapy. I’m eating all the chocolate. I’m having long baths. I’m watching graham norton show clips on YouTube. I’m trying to limit the amount I look at the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    She also delivers a fairly accurate and powerful kick when angry. I’ve discovered that a lot recently.
    Has she been perfecting the Eric Cantona technique?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I am getting out for a walk as often as possible. I’m making my home office desk look pretty. I’m practicing online retail therapy. I’m eating all the chocolate. I’m having long baths. I’m watching graham norton show clips on YouTube. I’m trying to limit the amount I look at the news.
    Limiting the news is essential for stable mental health..We all know what is happening but we need to keep our own lives on track away from all the facts and figures, predictions and media exploitation of an audience desperate for reassurance and information from any source...and many "experts" are wheeled out from their ivory towers!

What have you put on your desk, Scass? Are you able to work in peace?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I go out for a walk along the canal every day very early before my daughter gets up..It's very quiet and you can hear the birdsong. It's hard to believe all this mayhem is going on in the world as the sun has been out a lot in Surrey, UK..Spring is here and the cold months are over. Things will get easier as we all adapt to our new normal..For some it will be easier than others..and my family fall into the latter category but we are all in the same boat.

I have just put our garden chairs out and we are going to sit out when we can as much as possible..Free Vitamin D and all that!

Best wishes to you and yours, travelgirl! Great idea for a positive thread and for making the best of things! x
    Of course they will, as we all rise to the occasion in these times of adversity.

During the 'down time' over the next few weeks or so, me and my dad are purging our garden sheds of all the junk that has accumulated in both of them over the past 15 years or so, and I am trying to get my mom (who has dementia) to come out for a walk with me and the dog while it's not raining ATM, and two days on the trot I have succeeded in doing so, and she will most certainly be all the better for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information