Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are dentists open during Covid-19 pandemic?

Hi everyone,

I was told I needed three small fillings, three months ago. The day of my appointment last week, my dental surgery closed and said dentists can no longer carry our treatment. They just said come back in a few months.

Normally I would love not seeing a dentist for a few months! But all of my teeth feel ďon edgeĒ. Nerve sensations in all of them. Not painful, just like sensitive teeth but constantly. Iím concerned that if it gets worse I wonít be able to go to the dentist.

Does anyone know if any dentists are still working and what I would do if this turns into bad pain? Itís making me anxious not knowing where I would go and what I would do if it gets worse before my dentists opens again.

Thank you!

Re: Are dentists open during Covid-19 pandemic?

I heard dentist are only doing emergencies such as abscesses.

Honestly I wouldnít worry so much Iíve been needing a filling since August and havenít booked yet. Yeah itís bad I havenít but it hasnít seem to of got worse. I also didnít go to the dentist for 8 years and hardly brushed my teeth due to anxiety over dentists and I guess just being ignorant and not liking to brush my teeth (I know itís disgusting I do it twice a day now with special toothpaste I was a kid when this happened)

Yeah Iíve got loads of fillings, and had to have one taken out but thatís cuz I didnít brush. As long as you look after them I think you should be safe for a few months. Take this from someone who really didnít care for them and has bad teeth running in the family. Sounds like your teeth are just sensitive which only brushing will fix.

Emergency appts only

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thank you so much!

That is really reassuring. Normally I am more than happy going a long time between appointments as Iím terrified of the dentist. But knowing there are cavities there and feeling the on edge sensation in my teeth has been worrying me a lot. Big anxiety trigger knowing I canít just go to the dentist. So really appreciate your post.

Iíll get myself some sensitive toothpaste and try to forget about it for a while :-)

Thank you :-)

I think dentist will stay open for emergency appointments - it's medical care.

My dentist says if the pain doesn't wake you/keep you up at night it's not too much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyFay View Post
    Thank you so much!

That is really reassuring. Normally I am more than happy going a long time between appointments as I’m terrified of the dentist. But knowing there are cavities there and feeling the on edge sensation in my teeth has been worrying me a lot. Big anxiety trigger knowing I can’t just go to the dentist. So really appreciate your post.

I’ll get myself some sensitive toothpaste and try to forget about it for a while :-)
    I would suggest getting toothpaste with a high amount of fluoride. I have special prescription toothpaste with extra fluoride in it, the dentist told me it will prevent cavities, and fill the small ones that can't be filled, stopping them getting worse. apparently it hardens your teeth or something. So look for any of them that mention been high in fluoride.

Thank you, thatís really good to know. I appreciate it.
    Even if it bothers me in the day, it isnít waking me at night

Thank you, thatís really helpful.
    I will have a look online to see which ones are good!

One trick my dentist told me about sensitive teeth is to switch to toothpastes that don't have "whitening" in them. Just get the regular old flouride toothpaste that doesn't mention anything about whitening. She said this works just as well as the expensive types for sensitive teeth because it's really whatever they put in to whiten teeth that causes sensitivity. This has worked like a charm for me and may be a good option to take the edge off while you wait!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information