Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things to do during lockdown

Things to do during lockdown

So now that a lot of places are in lockdown, or at least people advised to social distance. I thought I we could start a thread where people comment things to do during it.

Thought it might be helpful to have something a bit more positive on here. I know a lot of people are panicking about going out their minds with boredom, and don’t know what they will do to keep occupied for so long. Comment something below and maybe we can all help each other out. People can come here for ideas. I’ll start:

You can now catch up on all the tv shows you have been wanting to watch/rewatch but haven’t had time for.

Re: Things to do during lockdown

I’ve been working on my quilting more. I tend to have a mindless show on TV playing in the background

I've started reading Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov

Been meaning to read it for about 25 years, now I've got no more excuses to put it off.

I just started knitting and I'm going to rewatch Lost (for like the 100th time).

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I just started knitting and I'm going to rewatch Lost (for like the 100th time).
    And it still won't make any sense!

I'm hoping to make a start on jobs around the house that have long been neglected, like decorating the back bedroom amongst many others. I also have things to repair for other people that as yet are untouched.

Have filled my Kindle with books I've been meaning to read for ages

Tidying out files and cupboards with things I no longer need - very therapeutic other than the thought of where to store all the rubbish until tips re-open!

And teaching the dog new tricks - I gave up trying to train him ages ago but playing mind games with him!

Here are a few others that spring to mind ...am doing a few of these already

*Knitting is fine so long as you don't run out of wool, likewise crocheting.
    *Join Ancestry and research/or create your own family tree.
    *Gardening if you don't live in an apartment.
    *Get fit walking, running or biking around your neighbourhood (observing the 2 meter distancing rule), use your exercycle, or do an online fitness programme.
    *Download some adult colouring in pages (there just more intricate than children's ones)

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Here are a few others that spring to mind ...am doing a few of these already

*Knitting is fine so long as you don't run out of wool, likewise crocheting.
    *Join Ancestry and research/or create your own family tree.
    *Gardening if you don't live in an apartment.
    *Get fit walking, running or biking around your neighbourhood (observing the 2 meter distancing rule), use your exercycle, or do an online fitness programme.
    *Download some adult colouring in pages (there just more intricate than children's ones)
    That one could get interesting here in Blighty if people continue to be stupid: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    That one could get interesting here in Blighty if people continue to be stupid: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035
    Hmm... maybe not in Britain then, if the masses can't obey the rules!
    We in NZ are not permitted to be on the beaches (unless it's close to our home) and certainly not to go boating, swim or surf. Despite this there are the idiots who do and are abusive to the police when called out on it ...https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12322610

"I don't have time to meditate".

Just sayin......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information