Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent advice required

Exclamation Urgent advice required

I need some help my work is refusing to close we are a bargain this store. I don’t want to go doctor won’t give me a line to stay off. Psychiatrist are all redeployed elsewhere in hospital so can’t talk. I am very worried as two customers coughed on me yesterday. I contacted the media but told them to leave it in fear I would be sacked my partners work also forcing her to go. I need advice ASAP my union at work won’t help can’t get hold off head office. Don’t wanna go into work and beg for unpaid leave which will leave me with no means to pay bills?

Re: Urgent advice required

I'm sorry, Phil, that's an awful situation. I think you'll have to do what others are doing, face your fears and head in.

It's not ideal, but if you're careful and practicing social distancing there's a good chance you'll be okay. I have to go into work once a week now, and I'm afraid too. Remember how much you're helping others, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm sorry, Phil, that's an awful situation. I think you'll have to do what others are doing, face your fears and head in.

It's not ideal, but if you're careful and practicing social distancing there's a good chance you'll be okay. I have to go into work once a week now, and I'm afraid too. Remember how much you're helping others, though.
    Yes it’s very worrying how people are being redeployed and can’t access metal health support. I have to work 4 days at the moment but I have two days off right now

If you don't believe your shop is truly an essential shop, it might be worth contacting your local MP. They'll be able to advise you further.

If you don't believe your shop is truly an essential shop, it might be worth contacting your local MP. They'll be able to advise you further.
    Thanks I gone down this route he was very worried but stopped far of what action to take. I was going to see if I can get a holiday or unpaid leave?
    Last edited by phil06; 24-03-20 at 14:32.

That's also worth a shot. I know things are really tough in retail right now.

Let us know how you get on?

I went to see them I can take time off but it’s unpaid self isolation. Call every week but they discipline you but if you stay off and don’t go back you only get 1 warning. I said I would work next two shifts take it from there and see what happens. They looked very sad when I told them about how I felt. I am also quite sad as I never wanted to say I don’t wanna go to work I now have to weigh up if I can afford unpaid leave for many weeks?

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk, which is why I'm going to go in and do my shifts. If nothing else, it'll do your reputation with the company a world of good, and that's always something good to have in your back pocket.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk, which is why I'm going to go in and do my shifts. If nothing else, it'll do your reputation with the company a world of good, and that's always something good to have in your back pocket.
    Please don't encourage 'presenteeism' - employees are dispensable and no company cares a jot about them. There's always another.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information