Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Urgent advice required

Re: Urgent advice required

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Look Phil... The reality is we've not faced anything like this. Governments, people and companies are doing the best they can under the circumstances. The bottom line is just do what you feel you have to deal with it. You can't travel so that's off the worry list and at least you're not fixating on bin germs so

Positive thoughts
    I am still suffering anxiety about the wheelie bin that was put in my front garden. The bin contained a plunger so now I am too scared to do the garden weeds and I feel the garden is still tainted or spoiled. The feeling did ease up but past week it’s sort of come back. I have yet to clean the area with bleach though. I did manage to clean the windows allowing the window pole to touch the ground but I still worry. My other bin hit the top of the garden and I am not very worried atall so it’s not the bin that’s the issue. The issue is the plunger. To confirm the plunger wasn’t in the bin when it was in my garden my worry was the bin at some point contained a plunger so the garden is stressing me..

I think your anxiety is very high Phil so now you aren’t worrying about going into work you’ve started on the bin again.
    There’s nothing you can do except accept that it’s anxiety and that your bin is fine.
    And, your bin has been outside in all weathers, germs will have been killed off by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I think your anxiety is very high Phil so now you aren’t worrying about going into work you’ve started on the bin again.
    There’s nothing you can do except accept that it’s anxiety and that your bin is fine.
    And, your bin has been outside in all weathers, germs will have been killed off by now.
    Thanks perhaps you are right. I got the bin replaced anyway as the lid broke so I have had much less anxiety about the bin in general. I am feeling a bit better about maybe going back to work next week with stricter measures. They seem to think social distancing is working and in Scotland we are more spread out not many big cities so cases can be lower. My area has just under 100 cases. Glasgow would be higher due to more people in one place.

Further update from my work some isles were closed off due to the virus non food isles they have now reopened seems they are relaxing things already?

I am back at work tomorrow we are getting a pay rise some shops have closed but sadly mine is staying open. Heard someone body at the co-op got the virus and is ill in hospital this doesn’t make me want to go to work? Customers are going to get close to me?

Try not to snog them, okay?

Seriously, though, be proud of yourself for providing such a useful service to others.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Try not to snog them, okay?

Seriously, though, be proud of yourself for providing such a useful service to others.
    Some of our stores have closed though so some staff are at home safe. I don’t know about useful service but can anybody cheer me up when I went off last week I worried we would end up like Italy we are not there yet but can anybody reassure me we won’t be in another week?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Some of our stores have closed though so some staff are at home safe. I don’t know about useful service but can anybody cheer me up when I went off last week I worried we would end up like Italy we are not there yet but can anybody reassure me we won’t be in another week?
    I truly wish that I could reassure you, and myself, of that. But I just don’t think anyone knows. We just have to keep doing the things that they tell us - hand hygiene, social distancing, etc and know that we’re doing everything we possibly can to help flatten that curve.

So I went back to work today it was ok but customers still never kept social distance. They did say you could tell customers to back off but im not comfortable doing this

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So I went back to work today it was ok but customers still never kept social distance. They did say you could tell customers to back off but im not comfortable doing this
    phil it’s really important for you to protect yourself too, so if your company has said it’s ok there’s nothing wrong with asking someone to please step back. Or, move back yourself to a comfortable distance. Proud of you for going back!! I know it’s not easy. I’m in the same boat.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread Information