Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Urgent advice required

Re: Urgent advice required

I am feeling a bit anxious about being at work again. We are limiting customers in but due to large families often some isles have upto 10 people in them. Management advice is not to go down busy isles so I have to stand for ages whilst people browse these isles before I can get in to stock up?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am feeling a bit anxious about being at work again. We are limiting customers in but due to large families often some isles have upto 10 people in them. Management advice is not to go down busy isles so I have to stand for ages whilst people browse these isles before I can get in to stock up?
    Get your management to close the aisle whilst you stock up; saw that going on at my local Tesco last week.

I coughed once or twice today perhaps I have coronavirus already? I have not been out anywhere other than a daily walk so if I get a sore throat it’s due to work I got in touch with lawyers who said I could sue the company if I have evidence I caught the virus at work?

Why on earth would you be contacting lawyers? It’s not your company’s fault that this all happened, and it’s not their fault that they sell essential items. They are supposed to look after their staff, but YOU are the one ultimately in charge of your own health and safety. If you feel something is unsafe then tell your managers.

I'm with Scass, it does seem like a petty thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    so if I get a sore throat it’s due to work I got in touch with lawyers who said I could sue the company if I have evidence I caught the virus at work?
    You will never be able to prove that. You could catch it from your partner your shopping, a door handle or anything else that either of you have touched. I realise that what I am saying is your worst nightmare in that other people could contaminate your environment but tbh that is what we are all living through. Be careful what you say about your work and sueing them on line. It is a very slippery slope if they find out.

Will you be suing the government for allowing your shop to remain open? How about the chief medical officer who advise them on that and social distancing? You would have to argue they put you in unsafe conditions.

Like Elen says you have no chance of proving that.

Persistent coughing doesn't mean a couple of times. Otherwise persistent sneezing wouldn't be like a cold but twice when some dust got up your nose.

Every man and his dog would be suing if that was the case,I might give it a crack

I would doubt the competency of ANY lawyer who thinks you have any case at all against your employer in this scenario.

The lawyers will be busy will all the police abuse of power cases popping up anyway...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information