Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent advice required

Re: Urgent advice required

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm sorry, Pamplemousse. I do get what you're saying. It's a brutal world out there, though, and these same employers will often look for any excuse to get rid of a person, especially in precarious sectors like retail.
    And he's recently changed store, been in trouble over mobile use, etc. It's not the same as a clean record at a place you've been at for years especially when early on there has been an issue of conduct addressed.

Be a hard worker and don't give them reasons if they need them. Be very careful how you progress with this and if you are whistleblowing make sure your anonymity is protected.

There is still some confusion over store closures and the government are having to work on it. Sports Direct found themselves getting slated in Parliament over their unwillingness to close.

I'm guessing being a general store you sell toiletries, hand washing stuff, etc? Something people need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    And he's recently changed store, been in trouble over mobile use, etc. It's not the same as a clean record at a place you've been at for years especially when early on there has been an issue of conduct addressed.

Be a hard worker and don't give them reasons if they need them. Be very careful how you progress with this and if you are whistleblowing make sure your anonymity is protected.

There is still some confusion over store closures and the government are having to work on it. Sports Direct found themselves getting slated in Parliament over their unwillingness to close.

I'm guessing being a general store you sell toiletries, hand washing stuff, etc? Something people need right now.
    Latest advice is my partners work now has to shut at 6pm and some stores are closing non food areas..this will affect sales and staff levels ?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Latest advice is my partners work now has to shut at 6pm and some stores are closing non food areas..this will affect sales and staff levels ?
    Sadly so but it's being felt everywhere. You just have to hope it's not for long and your earnings get covered.

I don’t get why we are keeping entire malls open just for Poundland? And as I say shops are starting to corden off non food areas so not much money to be made. Surely they will soon tell some staff to stay at home?

Also I read half the nation could have this virus not sure I believe that but if it was true that’s not very good news?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Also I read half the nation could have this virus not sure I believe that but if it was true that’s not very good news?
    I see a lot of people believe it to be 'good news'. Being a glass-half-empty person, I fail to see how in any way this is 'good'.

I see it as good news, if half the population have had it already or have it now and are not hospitalised, then herd immunity will hopefully happen sooner rather than later.

It will also mean that the statistics regarding serious cases and deaths are greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    I see it as good news, if half the population have had it already or have it now and are not hospitalised, then herd immunity will hopefully happen sooner rather than later.

It will also mean that the statistics regarding serious cases and deaths are greatly reduced.
    To my mind (and I suspect Phil's) it just greatly increases the chances of the vulnerable catching it if they have to go outside of their homes to do some shopping because they can't get a delivery slot for online grocery shopping. I'm not sure the "herd immunity" thing carries any credibility any more.

And remember: "there are lies, damned lies and statistics". Statistics are fine until you become one of them.

I’m with Elen on this one.

Also Phil, people need to shop and there need to be places where they can buy essentials. Especially in lower income shops.

Agreed. The study talked about so many having already had it because it was here and we didn't really know it. Whilst that sounds scary it actually means the numbers are much better and more importantly people haven't been as badly impacted including the at risk who have been mingling in normal society pre social distances measures.

But it does make you wonder why some countries are being hit much harder.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information