Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid19 stressed and scared anxiety is back

Covid19 stressed and scared anxiety is back

Hello everyone, I know this is probably a subject that causes a lot of worry and that I havent been on here for a long time. But I was doing a lot better until this virus hit. Now truly terrified, not sleeping horrific thoughts, tight chest checking feeling, aching all over headaches. Sore throat difficulty swallowing feels like I cant get enough air in. Its sinbad I have convinced myself I have it. I called dr was told to isolate over a week ago. Was starring to feel better until today
    Now wham back to feeling like going to die, I've had a running nose, headache, central chest pain, tiredness, I have two children they are my world I havent hugged them since this all started 10 days ago and for 3 days stayed In a separate room but when i felt much better i came out and started home schooling them. Now I feel like death and I keep thinking I have contaminated them. I'm so scared I have had these symptoms for 10.days can anybody help.im really struggling what's anxiety what's virus do.i have it should I panic. Do these sound like.the virus or just anxiety. I'm so.sorry for long post but I'm truly so so scared
    Last edited by panicstricken; 24-03-20 at 17:31.

Re: Covid19 stressed and scared anxiety is back

When you are busy does these symptoms go away i now my chest pain does my cough goes also and im putting it down to any thing but the current covid 19 based on tomorrow being 11 days most people are real ill by this time so you are on the way out of danger even if you did have it im on day 6 ish hoping to make day 10 with no further issues

I have exactly been the same. Had a cough corn 9/10 days couple of days of upper arm aches and tight chest and upper back. Today had severe pain in centre o fb chest and back. Thought I was having a heart attack. Cough has been better then worse then better then worse day to day. Chest on and off. No fever but I’ve been getting sweats.
    I have days like this when there’s nothing going on so trying to rationalise it but considering my chest pain is usually on left side and not in centre it really freaked me. Attack was about 4 hours ago and have calmed down somewhat but whole body chest and back are still tight and tense. I usually have this after a panic attack sometimes for a day or so after. It’s like an aftershock. It’s hard to be rational at the moment but I’m trying to be as symptoms aren’t just consistently getting worse. Sometimes they’re better and then Worse. Waking up achy most days. Trying to put that down to the tension that goes with anxiety at the minute. Everyday that’s all you see and hear about so naturally hose of us with AD will be moe prone to the effects we have when we have an attack. Trying to stay away from social media etc. Watch stuff that makes me happy. Have my son with me too and partners still working so that makes me more nervous which adds to the tension on a daily basis.
    I wish I could have a new body!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I too have been having these symptoms and I am terrified about Coronavirus. Since being so anxious my reflux has acted up and I am attributing all of my chest pains, shoulder pains, cough, etc to the acid in my throat/stomach.
    I traveled a week ago and have been self quarantined since my trip, watching the news and that has made me worse. I stopped watching today and my symptoms have slowly been subsiding.
    Best wishes to you and I hope you feel better soon!

Hello everyone thankyou all.for your replies xx I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I had a really bad day yesterday anxiety through the roof. My symptoms do not subside, they did get better for a bit but then came bk this was of course after I returned to the main part of the house and was home schooling my two beautiful children. I am constantly scanning my own symptoms and listening out for the slightest cough for sneeze off my husband daughters. It's awful I'm so so sorry you are also experiencing these symptoms it's truly a terrifying time lately xxxx I hope u feel much better soon meglen, stupefy333 and mindsightxxx it's so hard not to feel all the symptoms they describe I live with two people who are at greater risk too wish I could just wrap everyone I love in a protective bubble. Wish I could do it for the world xx stay safe everyone thankyou for replying xxx I'm honestly so scared 😘💕🙏🙏🙏

New or worse symptoms panic overload

Hi everyone, I hope u are all holding up and feeling a little better xx I am sorry to be on here so soon again with yet more of my worries and woes, but I could really use some advice or just an ear really. I posted on here a few days ago that my anxiety had gotten horrendous and covid 19 is always on my mind. I have had loads of symptoms headache sore throat dry throat, aches and pains, nausea, tight chest been feeling really awful have had these all for nearly 12 days now I have gone from feeling better to worse and bk again ventured out of a room where I had been isolating myself and then bk in when symptoms worsened. I have cried myself to sleep.over this driven my husband to distraction with my analysing every symptom (he has been so wonderful through all this) but as u know with anxiety the analysing is relentless and now to cap it all just when i thought it was getting better that my symptoms were gone, I have tightening in my throat, burning throat, and tongue and a worsening cough. My temp constantly goes up and down (I'm checking all the time) and I'm bl to feeling like i have this virus. My husband bless him thinks its because I have been cooped up for nearly two weeks and in the room for over a week barely venturing out, he also said that as I have had the symptoms without the cough it's highly unlikely it would wait till now almost 2 weeks with me being I'll already to strike. But I've heard it can be 2 weeks incubation. I am constantly going over and over all the symptoms self checking and analysing I'm sure it's not helping. But the symptoms are definitely there. If anyone has any advice or if u think this is the virus please help. I'm sorry if this is the last thing anyone on here needs but I really am so so frightened xxxx stay safe everyone. This wait and see is awful

Re: New or worse symptoms panic overload

It’s hard to say whether you have it or not, but it does sound like if you do have it, your symptoms are fairly mild and you should just continue to rest and drink lots of fluids.

No advice but I feel the exact same way. I'm constantly analysing different symptoms I'm getting or obsessing over my children and partner. Both children have had tummy bugs this week, both children have had a cough that comes and goes. What I have noticed is that when the kids are not right and I'm obsessing over them, my symptoms disappear. I'm trying to tell myself that I can't control this situation anymore than I am (hand-washing, bleaching etc). My partner is a farmer and still goes to work (mainly on his own) but he's off to the shop after work and this is sending my anxiety into over drive. Like you, I'm also spending so much time holed up in the bedroom. Last night I did some medidating via a guided tutorial on YouTube. I'm going to try and keep it up twice a day. Sorry I don't have any advice but I know exactly where you're coming from. Sending love x

Just to add, I've also deleted fb and reduced my time checking the news.

Quote Originally Posted by panicstricken View Post
    Hi everyone, I hope u are all holding up and feeling a little better xx I am sorry to be on here so soon again with yet more of my worries and woes, but I could really use some advice or just an ear really. I posted on here a few days ago that my anxiety had gotten horrendous and covid 19 is always on my mind. I have had loads of symptoms headache sore throat dry throat, aches and pains, nausea, tight chest been feeling really awful have had these all for nearly 12 days now I have gone from feeling better to worse and bk again ventured out of a room where I had been isolating myself and then bk in when symptoms worsened. I have cried myself to sleep.over this driven my husband to distraction with my analysing every symptom (he has been so wonderful through all this) but as u know with anxiety the analysing is relentless and now to cap it all just when i thought it was getting better that my symptoms were gone, I have tightening in my throat, burning throat, and tongue and a worsening cough. My temp constantly goes up and down (I'm checking all the time) and I'm bl to feeling like i have this virus. My husband bless him thinks its because I have been cooped up for nearly two weeks and in the room for over a week barely venturing out, he also said that as I have had the symptoms without the cough it's highly unlikely it would wait till now almost 2 weeks with me being I'll already to strike. But I've heard it can be 2 weeks incubation. I am constantly going over and over all the symptoms self checking and analysing I'm sure it's not helping. But the symptoms are definitely there. If anyone has any advice or if u think this is the virus please help. I'm sorry if this is the last thing anyone on here needs but I really am so so frightened xxxx stay safe everyone. This wait and see is awful
    If you’ve been displaying symptoms for 12 days without needing hospitalisation then you’re going to be fine. Chances are this isn’t Covid-19 but in the unlikely event that it is then you’re probably going to be perfectly fit and healthy again in a couple of days.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information