Thread: Ovulation pain

Ovulation pain

Hey ladies, I'm having some trouble rationalizing here, my last gyno appointment was about 3 months ago, I went there as I was having some light spotting and a little cramping and sharp pain during my ovulation time, the doctor said is completely normal for some woman to experience this, he checked me and told me everything was fine, didn't do a pap smear test or anything, probably because I'm only 23.
    The thing is, I'm ovulating now, I woke up with light spotting but an horriple sharp pain on my left side, at one point it got so intense I couldn't even stand straight, I took an over the counter painkiller and put a heatpad on and got so much better, no pain whatsoever. But now I'm worried I have a bursted cyst or something serious and disguised the pain by taking the painkiller. And also, do any of you ladies experience painful ovulation? I'm really worried here.

Re: Ovulation pain

Yes that sounds exactly like ovulation pain. Sometimes it can be worse than others. If it’s under control with painkillers and a heat pad then it’s fine & nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Yes that sounds exactly like ovulation pain. Sometimes it can be worse than others. If it’s under control with painkillers and a heat pad then it’s fine & nothing to worry about.
    Thank you, I feel really reassured now, for a minute I thought something weird was happening since I never experienced this much pain with ovulation but is pretty much gone now, just feels tender.

If the pain went away with the painkiller and heating pad, then yeah. Nothing to worry about. Try being more active, like doing some exercises before ovulation. I think that helps.

Thank you for your reply, really reassured me

Even most burst cysts don't require more than just pain meds and home management. So, if the pain has subsided I wouldn't be worried at all!

Thread Information