Thread: I've got a brilliant idea to reduce shortages!

I've got a brilliant idea to reduce shortages!

Why don't they just print ration books? I bet no one's thought of that!

Re: I've got a brilliant idea to reduce shortages!

I’m sure they have thought of that. I suppose they are confident that supply and demand will even out soon. Some days seem better than others I think.

It rather depends on the international situation. If other countries are selling we will be buying.

Bring back the land girls! Girl power long before it became another buzzword.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It rather depends on the international situation. If other countries are selling we will be buying.

Bring back the land girls! Girl power long before it became another buzzword.
    Autre temps, autre mors... you just couldn't implement rationing now - we've already seen people commit acts of violence in shops when they can't have what they want. One of my great-aunts was a land girl though

I don't think there have been any actual shortages of goods per se, just the hysterical panic-buying in supermarkets, etc has resulted in a lot of 'in-store' stock shortages, rather than actual stock supply shortages.

I went to our local Co-op this morning to pick up a few day-to-day items and the girl behind the till said to me that since Monday a lot of the panic-buying has started to quieten down a fair bit. There were also a few packs of toilet rolls on the shelves in the household aisle for the first time since the start of this month.

Thread Information