Thread: Back Again - Headaches, Weird Sensation and Brain Tumour Worries

Back Again - Headaches, Weird Sensation and Brain Tumour Worries

Morning all!

Back again I'm afraid, after a good little while being health anxiety free I'm in a bad health anxiety spiral at the moment. I'm hoping by putting this down I'll get others who are in the same boat and people can say nothing is seriously wrong with me!

I'm a 31 year old male, slightly overweight but generally ok (I hope).

Approximately 3 and 1/2 weeks ago I was sick (throwing up) on a Saturday evening - through the nose and mouth. This was following a day drinking and eating fatty food. The next day I was fine until late afternoon when I started to get a tension/pressure headache across my temples. I didn't worry too much and thought it would go by the next day. I've had this type of headache before, brain tumour worries before (about 5 years ago) and I got through it. Next day I woke up and it hadn't gone. It was a dull band type feeling, mainly on my temples and front of face around nose and eye sockets.

This hasn't gone at all over these past 3 and 1/2 weeks - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A nose feels a little stuffy but I've had a sinus infection before and it doesn't feel 100% like that. Last few days I've started to worry about my vision - blury/unfocused eyes when looking at TV or PC, clears when a blink, slight sensitivity to bright light like the sun and eyes feel sore. Yesterday I started to get a strange feeling in the right side of my face and body - not numb but like a weird tingle type feeling, mainly between my ear and jaw. My ears have been fine with the odd sharp pain. Headaches have been consistent with the odd sharp pain. I can exercise as normal, I don't have any balance etc issues or speech and the headache doesn't seem to be worse in the morning when I wake up or when laying down. I do feel more pressure, especially above the nose and around it when leaning over. I've also had some twitching which I've had before with MND/ALS fears.

I've been (obviously) googling a lot, trying to get any answer that I'm ok. Due to the lockdown I'm unable to see a GP or get my vision tested (though I did have it tested about a month ago and nothing major came up - they took photo of eye and did pressure test a well).

Is this anything to be seriously concerned about? My main worry is Brain tumour which makes me anxious so anything that helps put my mind to rest on that front (why it isn’t) would be great.

Anyone in the same boat or has had this type of thing before that can give me some advice/support that will help? Thanks as always forum! You've really helped me in the past

Re: Back Again - Headaches, Weird Sensation and Brain Tumour Worries

Quote Originally Posted by LDHarv View Post
    Morning all!

Back again I'm afraid, after a good little while being health anxiety free I'm in a bad health anxiety spiral at the moment. I'm hoping by putting this down I'll get others who are in the same boat and people can say nothing is seriously wrong with me!

I'm a 31 year old male, slightly overweight but generally ok (I hope).

Approximately 3 and 1/2 weeks ago I was sick (throwing up) on a Saturday evening - through the nose and mouth. This was following a day drinking and eating fatty food. The next day I was fine until late afternoon when I started to get a tension/pressure headache across my temples. I didn't worry too much and thought it would go by the next day. I've had this type of headache before, brain tumour worries before (about 5 years ago) and I got through it. Next day I woke up and it hadn't gone. It was a dull band type feeling, mainly on my temples and front of face around nose and eye sockets.

This hasn't gone at all over these past 3 and 1/2 weeks - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A nose feels a little stuffy but I've had a sinus infection before and it doesn't feel 100% like that. Last few days I've started to worry about my vision - blury/unfocused eyes when looking at TV or PC, clears when a blink, slight sensitivity to bright light like the sun and eyes feel sore. Yesterday I started to get a strange feeling in the right side of my face and body - not numb but like a weird tingle type feeling, mainly between my ear and jaw. My ears have been fine with the odd sharp pain. Headaches have been consistent with the odd sharp pain. I can exercise as normal, I don't have any balance etc issues or speech and the headache doesn't seem to be worse in the morning when I wake up or when laying down. I do feel more pressure, especially above the nose and around it when leaning over. I've also had some twitching which I've had before with MND/ALS fears.

I've been (obviously) googling a lot, trying to get any answer that I'm ok. Due to the lockdown I'm unable to see a GP or get my vision tested (though I did have it tested about a month ago and nothing major came up - they took photo of eye and did pressure test a well).

Is this anything to be seriously concerned about? My main worry is Brain tumour which makes me anxious so anything that helps put my mind to rest on that front (why it isn’t) would be great.

Anyone in the same boat or has had this type of thing before that can give me some advice/support that will help? Thanks as always forum! You've really helped me in the past

Anyone? Really suffering today with HA

Went for a run earlier and felt lightheaded after. Right hand feels weird and having weird feelings in right side of body. Ear pain as well.

Can't help but worry. Thanks for any kind words.

I’m sorry you’re struggling with this. I don’t have much for you in the way of advice but wanted you to have a reply. I have experience some of these things due to allergy/sinus issues before. Harmless in my case but it’s a definite annoyance to deal with. Have you tried any decongestants to see if that relieves it?

Hi just wanted to reply I'm going through some of the same symptoms as you are I think it could be to do with your sinuses and your heath anxiety on overdrive due to the current problems in the world . I have a lot more symptoms than you and think it could be a brain tumor and I have been struggling with my health anxiety that is getting out of control I was going to post on here but don't think it will help me so I'm going to try and get a telephone consultation with my doctor . I hope you start feeling better soon

I’m going through the same stuff. I am worried about a brain tumor. I have right side numbness. Right side of my face, right arm and right leg down to my foot feels tingly. Same as you can’t get into GP and I don’t want to go to the ER with a pandemic going around. Hope you feel better. Also oddly enough, I also had this same fear 5 years ago and had MRIs and all sorts of tests. We’re very similar.

Thread Information