Thread: Young people and COVID-19

Young people and COVID-19

So I saw on the news that a 21 one year old with no underlying health conditions has sadly died from the disease and now I am freaking out coz I am 20.

Now I DO NOT want to leave the house at all (even for the viable reasons). My anxiety is kicking up an can't concentrate on my assignments.

Tips?

Re: Young people and COVID-19

Stay inside and self-isolate then - what else can you do?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well yes that is what I am doing.

I was talking more about the anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew1233 View Post
    So I saw on the news that a 21 one year old with no underlying health conditions has sadly died from the disease and now I am freaking out coz I am 20.

Now I DO NOT want to leave the house at all (even for the viable reasons). My anxiety is kicking up an can't concentrate on my assignments.

Tips?
    Hi Matthew, we have had a conversation about this on another thread ‘coronavirus worries’ it’s a long thread but it’s on the last few pages. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    Hi Matthew, we have had a conversation about this on another thread ‘coronavirus worries’ it’s a long thread but it’s on the last few pages. Hope that helps.
    I see that but their seems to be scaremongering on that thread- someone posted a list of link surround young deaths or something

Young deaths from flu. The mods are carefully monitoring the thread for scaremongering.

Yes, if you read it you will see what happened. It was a bit of a misunderstanding that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    Yes, if you read it you will see what happened. It was a bit of a misunderstanding that’s all.
    Ahh okay but thats about the flu?? Honestly its been ages since Ive looked at that thread

I think the association being made is that young people can die from illnesses like the flu too - and not to let your anxiety run away with you that you’re at a higher risk with CV. In fact if you look at the statistics you’ll see that while yes, some young people have succumbed to this virus, it’s an extremely small percentage. Your anxiety is just making you focus on that tiny percentage rather than the percentage of people that have gotten it and not died.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew1233 View Post
    Ahh okay but thats about the flu?? Honestly its been ages since Ive looked at that thread
    yeah it was a list of links to a selection of previous news reports on deaths in young people caused by flu because the initial panic was over a young girl dying from Covid-18.

The mods are really quite good at removing scaremongering things. This was removed by mods as I assume they thought it was a list of young Coronavirus deaths x

Thread Information