Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got sunburn

I got sunburn

I made use of the weather in the UK yesterday and did some gardening. The neighbors were out on their front gardens. All distant from each other but able to have a chat; albeit loudly. I fell asleep around 6pm and just woke up with sunburn. Back is red raw.

I'm not insane. Everybody else is.

Re: I got sunburn

Ouch!
    Best thing is to keep it from drying out, so moisturise with after sun, or aloe Vera gel. Take paracetamol if it really hurts. Keep cool...

I have some aloe vera gel. Will give it a try. Doesn't hurt much just tight and hot. Stings to touch. Can't believe I got a sun burned from that.

Could be worse...

Lmao Terry.

I was up worrying about the virus because I'd been in garden. I read it's airborne in short distances. On and off sleep since 6am. Knackered. Going to stay indoors no just to reduce the worry. Had to have 2 extra valium to go to sleep.

Isn't that where the 2 metres apart advice comes in?

I went into a coop store yesterday in search of some milk and they had signs up to keep that distance. The aisles are only a metre side so if anyone is up them you quickly get gridlocked trying to stick to it.

Not much better in Tesco though where the aisles are about 2.5 metres wide. Then at the till they have creating distancing and call you one at a time. But you all have to queue up along a rope line all squashed up behind each other

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Isn't that where the 2 metres apart advice comes in?

I went into a coop store yesterday in search of some milk and they had signs up to keep that distance. The aisles are only a metre side so if anyone is up them you quickly get gridlocked trying to stick to it.

Not much better in Tesco though where the aisles are about 2.5 metres wide. Then at the till they have creating distancing and call you one at a time. But you all have to queue up along a rope line all squashed up behind each other
    World has gone mad Terry. My neigbour walked up the shop for bread and milk. He bought 2 bottles of Newcastle Ale that he drinks with dinner. Police pulled him over on the way back and checked his bag. They took his details for carrying non essentials and warned him he will get a fine next time.

This is the sort of power that worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    World has gone mad Terry. My neigbour walked up the shop for bread and milk. He bought 2 bottles of Newcastle Ale that he drinks with dinner. Police pulled him over on the way back and checked his bag. They took his details for carrying non essentials and warned him he will get a fine next time.

This is the sort of power that worries me.
    Non Essentials? ~lol~ I enjoy a good libation now and again and with everything going on, I've found it to be a great medicinal benefit. How dare the authorities not realize that! While I still restrict my intake to a few times a month, I admit I added a couple of days in the last three weeks I'm in essential services. While I'm thankful for the work and company support, I'm a high risk and interacting with the public (albeit restricted) is stressful. We have someone coming in twice a day to disinfect, interaction in the facility are by appointment only, and even with the company support, there's that all familiar niggle in the back of your mind... the proverbial "What If?". Even as a non sufferer, I feel it, so I can only imagine that feeling amplified 10X by anxiety disorder. What has worked for me is listening to the experts and practicing common sense hygiene X2

So with that in mind, at least for me and by no means am I encouraging self medication. This is just a guilty pleasure of mine and one I deserve every now and again. I've found two fingers of Skrewball Peanut Butter Bourbon and an Imperial IPA before dinner certainly can certainly help to take the edge off the day! CHEERS!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Screwball peanut butter bourbon?!! Where has that been hiding all my life?!

I wish I could have a beer. But, a cup of tea does me fine these days.

Stay safe Fishmanpa. Essential workers are doing an amazing job so hats off to you buddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information