Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So scared

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So scared

My fiance was exposed at work and now we are sick. We have a 3 month old baby. We can't get tested because our symptoms are too mild right now but I'm so so scared that its gna get worse and I'm so worried about our baby.

Re: So scared

I’m sorry you’re going through this. It has to be really hard especially with a baby. How long have you been ill? Are you guys able to rotate your rest so you can each get enough sleep? Feel free to come on here and chat. So many people are willing to talk!

Thank you. He was sick over the wknd and feels better, he's just tired and lost his sense of smell. I've been feeling off for a few days but this afternoon I started feeling a lot of sinus pressure and body aches which is how he felt. Our son seems ok for now but it's so hard because babies can't tell us. All we can do is keep taking his temperature and praying. I have terrible anxiety as is so I can't tell if I'm having trouble breathing because of the virus or because I'm panicking. Im afraid one of us is going to die.

Well it’s good that your husband is starting to feel better. Maybe he can help fill in for you so you can get some rest? Try to remember that the majority of cases have been pretty mild - it’s a fairly low percentage overall that are severe. Odds are in your favor that you’ll just feel run down for a few days and then be on the road to recovery - if it’s even CV. Remember it’s still cold/flu season and sinus pressure and aches definitely go along with that too!

Yes for sure you're totally right. It's just really scary. Its someone he works closely with that tested positive and he also lost his sense of smell. The last possible day of exposure was about 8 days ago so we're right in that incubation period. And up until today when I started feeling bad I was kissing my baby constantly. So I feel really guilty about that also.

Try not to focus on the guilt - you wouldn’t have had any way of knowing. And the guilt will just make you feel worse. I know it’s almost impossible but try to keep some distance where you can. Do you have a fever?

No fever yet, no. Dr. Said we should be taking all of our temperatures twice a day and call if the baby is 102. We're obviously not kissing anymore but distancing is hard. My fiance has taken over for the most part since he's feeling ok. I get a lot of separation anxiety if I'm not in the same room as the baby.

I can’t imagine, I totally understand. I would be a mess so I definitely sympathize. I don’t have much advice other than take care of yourself and make sure to drink lots of liquids and get as much rest as you can.

I’m sorry you’re both ill. Hopefully yours will be similar to your boyfriends and you’ll feel better soon.
    So scary with a new baby too. I always remember reading about how babies have some natural protection from you for about 6 months or so & this reassured me a lot when my daughter was a baby. If you’re breastfeeding then you’ll be giving him any antibodies that you’re making, but if not then you’re doing everything you can and that’s all you can do at the moment.
    Keep in touch x

Thank you. So far I'm having breathlessness but hard to say if it's sickness or anxiety. Everything else feels like a typical cold other than my fiance losing his sense of smell. Praying this doesn't get worse and it skips the baby by some miracle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information