Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been told by NHS I could have it. I'm soooooo scared

Re: I've been told by NHS I could have it. I'm soooooo scared

Quote Originally Posted by Nighttime pacer View Post
    Well for an update, nothing's changed so far but I'm really worried as I've read the odd case of people being fine for 6 days or so and it then suddenly getting much worse. I'm sooo scared at the moment and I keep checking my peak flow. So far it's ok. I think living alone is just so much worse at the moment as even though I talk to people on the phone there's no-one who can reassure me.
    And that's the reason for the awful anxiety...No one CAN reassure you to the extent that you need/crave. I would imagine that if your peak flow is good then this is very reassuring news in terms of possible Covid infection. It IS a question of sitting it out though...always the most difficult thing to do with our issues and fears.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    And that's the reason for the awful anxiety...No one CAN reassure you to the extent that you need/crave. I would imagine that if your peak flow is good then this is very reassuring news in terms of possible Covid infection. It IS a question of sitting it out though...always the most difficult thing to do with our issues and fears.
    Yes, it's good news because the minute you have something like a chest infection that peak flow is going yo go down. Since this virus leans towards impacting the lungs I would think it would show up in someone with reduced capacity anyway.

My asthma was always mild but if I had a chest infection it was evident without measuring it.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, I suppose it is the not knowing which is so crippling at the moment. Knowing this forum is here is a great comfort though.

Hi all,
    I'm now worrying as I have a new symptom.
    Last night in the early hours of the morning I suddenly had sore and streaming eyes. I've now read that this is another symptom. I phoned NHS 111 to find out how long I need to isolate and they said a week from when it first started as they don't think the sore eyes are relevant. I'm not sure what to do now. All I do know is I'm still worried.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, it's good news because the minute you have something like a chest infection that peak flow is going yo go down. Since this virus leans towards impacting the lungs I would think it would show up in someone with reduced capacity anyway.

My asthma was always mild but if I had a chest infection it was evident without measuring it.
    The two posts above answer your concerns below. Read them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighttime pacer View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm now worrying as I have a new symptom.
    Last night in the early hours of the morning I suddenly had sore and streaming eyes. I've now read that this is another symptom. I phoned NHS 111 to find out how long I need to isolate and they said a week from when it first started as they don't think the sore eyes are relevant. I'm not sure what to do now. All I do know is I'm still worried.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information