Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know what is normal temperature range for armpit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

anyone know what is normal temperature range for armpit?

I have this anxiety and fear about having the virus. My temperature is 36.4 degrees Celsius but fluctuates throughout the day. Doesn’t get higher than this.

Anyone actually know what is “normal” for armpit temperature? I’ve tried to google it but each website says something different.

Thank you in advance!

Re: anyone know what is normal temperature range for armpit?

36.5 to 37.5 is normal xx so why are you worried xx

Hello Mrs. Stressed. Thank you for responding! I sometimes get this wave of heat every now and then and I start worrying and it gets worse. Just now I felt very warm and I had some sweat and I checked again my armpit temp is 36.3. I don’t know if it’s just anxiety making me feel this way or what.

Sorry 36.7 temperature

Armpit temperature is 36.9 now. I’m so worried

Surprisingly anxiety and panic can cause our temps to fluctuate quite a bit too. Might be a good idea to step away from the thermometer and find a distraction for awhile. I’m taking my temp too, limiting it to once in am and once in pm, only because I’m an “essential” worker and am unable to stay home during the lockdown.

I’m really trying to but these last few days I’ve become obsessed with it. Google keeps giving me different answers for what is a normal armpit temperature. 36.9 is the highest I’ve ever gotten on this. So I am very worried. It has never reached this high at all this week except for now.

Wouldn't it be better to test it in your ear?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It’s an armpit thermometer so I haven’t tried it in my ear

could anxiety cause a rise in temp?

Hello all,

Yesterday my armpit temp was 36.9 degrees Celsius. I checked it after feeling very warm. My usual readings are 36.2-36.7. I never usually get this high so I was so scared and I felt myself spiralling due to my fears of corona virus. Im the evening especially it was a solid 36.9 for a few hours. I’m not sure what the normal temp range is for underarm as I keep getting different answers when I google it. Apparently 36.9 is within normal but I always thought we had to add one more degree for armpit temp. So if that is the case it would have been 37.9.

Today I just checked it and my armpit temp has been ranging from 36-36.4 which is the normal for me. Could yesterday be due to anxiety? In the evening I tried to forget about it and then I tested when I felt calmer but it was still 36.9. Would it be normal to have a temp like that yesterday and then the next day it is back to normal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information