Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone know what is normal temperature range for armpit?

Re: could anxiety cause a rise in temp?

Our body temps can fluctuate all day long, up to a degree. And yes anxiety can definitely cause your temp to rise.

Re: anyone know what is normal temperature range for armpit?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You have nothing to worry about. 36.9 is normal. If it rises to above 37.5, then I would say monitor it.

Anxiety does make you hot, so will confuse matters. I checked my temp the other evening as I felt very warm and sweaty, but I was also anxious. It was 37 exactly. I checked it an hour later, and it was 36.5.

Try not to get hung up on checking all of the time, though I appreciate that is easier said than done! You will undoubtedly know when you have a REAL fever.

When I get quite anxious I can get a higher temperature, and the more I check it, it stays the same.

You are classed as having a high temperature or fever if it’s over 37.5. But even then I wouldn’t be too worried.

Usually if I have a fever because I’m ill I feel ill. I guarantee if you stop checking so much that you’ll feel better. Just try & do something else next time you want to check.

Hello Debs,
    Thank you for the response! I have decided to stop checking the last couple of days. But I caved in today and checked and it was totally normal at 36.4.

It’s crazy to think that anxiety can do so much to you but I’m sure that was all it was.

The only thing I’m worried about is ive had a slight sore throat and on and off ear pain since Thursday. So I was thinking the worst.

Hey Scass, thanks for the response!
    You’re right, I was shocked as I never seen it read 36.9 before. My usually temperature stays a lot lower than that. The last couple days I’ve felt normal and I haven’t tested much.

I decided to test today and it was back to its 36.4. Just need this slight sore throat to go away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information