Thread: throat problems

throat problems

Does anyone know what test doctor might do to find out why my throat is sore sore and when i cough i spit up a little blood
    not sure if it would mean going to hospital no way hospital phobia
    just wondered how dar down your throat can ordenary gp see when they look in your mouth got a appointment for friday but am now getting scared of going in case she says i have to go to hospital
    thanks

Re: throat problems

Hey, if your coughing up blood its likely theres a small tear somewhere in your windpipe ... maybe from coughing a lot? im not sure how far they can see down your throat and i guess it depends if thats what the problem is, how far down it is.
    You might have to do to the hospital for an endoscopy, from what I hear its not much to worry about, and if you do have to go you will feel so much better afterwards!

either way try not to worry too much about it, and remember you always have a choice about what you will do. So if you really dont want to go ask the doc if there is another option

Good Luck!
    Gem xxx

Syl Let me know how you get on at doctors tomorrow hun I'm here if you need me ok xxxxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Hello Syl,
    Perhaps your GP can send a sputem / throat swab sample away for testing so you don't have to go to hospital - worth asking.
    be kind to yourself

Hi Syl,

I suffer from a lot of sore throats and get blood in my phlegm sometimes, it can come from blood vessels tht can burst due to irritation and coughing. The doctor will have a good feel and ask how long you've had it for and if he thinks it necessary may suggest a sputem sample , and possibly endoscopy ( which ive had and its just a bit uncomfy ), thts later on though so dont worry just now, and let us know how you get on at docs and what he suggests . It'll probably be fine and you'll have nothing to worry about.

take care
    shirley x

well went back and saw my doctor today armed with my list of things i wanted to talk to her about
    sore throat
    cough plus spitting blood when i cough hard
    loss of weight
    dont fancy food
    difficult with breating
    after she had sat and talked to me for a while she said the blood was because i was coughing to hard and with still smoking it wasnt helping.
    the ventolin inhaler was proberbly causing the sore throat and to garggle well after using it. the loss of weight is because i havnt been eating to well for a time
    the difficult in breathing is part down to my asthma but more so down to anxiaty, so she then said she would do a stress test with a little machine oh dear it went up to 98.5 far to high but doctor said with what i have going on in my life at the moment it wasnt suprising and i had stressed myself out worrying over the cough and sore throat she then listen to my chest and said that was clear after the chest infection i had two weeks ago then she looked down my throat and she said that looked fine so i was ok
    but once i got home i started to think well she couldnt see right down my throat and she didnt ask for a sputum test or anything so what if she is wrong got to try and stop smoking so didnt buy any today now i am worrying about not having any i know it is going to be a stressful weekend with other things i have got going on so guess next three days are not going to be good
    just wish i could get over this dam health anxiaty and be normal
    thanks for your replys

Thread Information