Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contagion film

Re: Contagion film

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    What stratospheric douche bag sanctioned the showing of a film such as THAT during this horrendous pandemic?

Talk about utterly tasteless, not to mention it will put the fear of God into anyone already freaked out by Covid-19.
    Totally agree with you Debs!!

No doubt the person at ITV 2 who permitted said film's airing yesterday will probably play the 'civil liberties' and 'freedom of expression' cards and also proclaim to have a trade union of some kind to bail them out if challenged!!

Possibly some unscrupulous individual without a proper education and necessary qualifications and also a sense of entitlement to a job who was just appointed the role willy-nilly.
    There were one or two staff members at my old (county council-run) day centre with exactly that kind of mentality/attitude.

The mind really boggles!!

Yep, madness Lencoboy.

Times like this require a bit of light relief and to remove us from reality for a bit (at least)

What about a comedy film or something?

Muppets!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post

The Spooky bit is that towards the end of the film, it traces the origins of the virus. A bat who lost it’s home due to deforestation take up residence at a pig farm, dropping food into pens, which gets eaten by a pig, which then gets prepared/eaten by humans. And what country is this in? Yep, China.
    It's not really that spooky. It's long been known that bats harbour multiple viruses that are benign to them, but would be far more dangerous when the species barrier is crossed. It's also relatively common to eat bats in China (although I recall eating wild animals has just been banned there now?).

It's predictive of the future in the same way a fortune teller is. There is an accumulation of very likely scenarios stated, based on probability.

The endocrinologist I see thought it was an excellent example of how to manage a pandemic....but probably not the best film to have on at the moment..

It was probably scheduled a while back and the numpties forgot to change it.

In our TV book we still had the England match scheduled for tonight. Surely that was cancelled weeks ago? Could be they didn't or could be ITV were slow in updating?

I remember when an episode of Dad's Army was cancelled during the first Gulf War... how times have changed. It's things like this that make me cynical and think people in authority are doubling down on the scare factor, to what end I don't know, but it is reallly starting to piss me off.

I mean, we're extremely sensitive about everything these days, broadcasters too, becoming so PC to not offend anyone, and yet during this major crisis and panicky climate, that film is shown? Do me a favour...

There's always the chance that somebody low down the pecking order had a morbid sense of humour. I can't lie, I'm amused, and it's not as though even us Freeview plebs don't have plenty of other channels to pick from.

I love that film, seen it a couple of times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information